New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Forum testing
Posted by: Ptolemy (217.205.174.---)
Date: August 05, 2003 11:05AM

Thanks Holly, actually yeah that could have been worded better couldn't it? Whoops! Hee!

Feel free to post away on there anyway; one of the advantages of it being there is that if (heaven forbid!) this Fforum were ever to implode, at least we'd all still have somewhere we could chat - alternatively if this one were to reach critical mass or something through the sheer weigh of posting, the general chatter (which is by far the busiest part of the Fforum) could be separated from the literary discussions and moved over there temporarily while it was all sorted out.

Posted by: Holly Daze (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: August 05, 2003 11:10AM

I liked the introductions from, was it Nell and somebody Girl, 'oh Ptolemy invited us to join.' You're just going round pubs collecting women aren't you? Is it your new chat up line.....?

Posted by: Nicky (206.166.29.---)
Date: August 05, 2003 03:45PM

Were we supposed to READ the terms and conditions? Oops!

Date: August 05, 2003 04:04PM

No Nicky there's absolutely no need to read them! Holly was simply extracting the Michael gently (that makes us quits now I think, Holly?!)

Not so much going round pubs as inviting people from the other discussion forum I'm a member of - it just so happens that the two that responded both happen to live locally (and they still talk to me! Amazing really!)

Date: August 06, 2003 10:36AM

Hey Ptolly, Ive run around your other forum in my pj's this morning and left a trail of toast crumbs. being computer illiterate I like the help stuff for formatting etc. At first I wasn't sure about the fact you have to log in before you can have a lurk, but actually its not a lurking hinderance. I think the man with the singing vegetable had a walk on part in one of my dreams last night. At this rate I'll be able to give up the drugs soon.

Date: August 06, 2003 11:01AM

Ah, yes... that would be Zeke and his Whistling Parsnips... things do tend to get a little surreal on there when he's around. OK then, more surreal.

A few people have said they find it easier to use from a formatting point of view, so that's good - the fact that you can highlight text with the muse cursor (that was typo and should've read "mouse" but it suddenly seemed strangely appropriate somehow so I'll leave it I think! Ha!) and hit the "bold" button to automatically insert the [ b] and [ /b] tags for instance, or that you can use different typefaces and font sizes for dramatic effect.

Once you're logged in you shouldn't need to ever log in again - you can close your browser, go to bed, and next evening drop by again and find you're still logged in and able to read and contribute. Only if the server goes down (heaven forfend!) will you be "chucked off".

Anyway, thanks for contributing and please feel free to continue!

Date: August 07, 2003 10:58AM

Roll up! Roll up! nooo Im not giving away ciggies, but with all the talk of The Rocky Horror Show on one thread and Freaks on the other I thought some of you, of a less nervous disposition, may want to know that currently showing on Ptolly's other forum is a woman with the worlds longest pubic hair...... why dont you organise I coach trip and have a day out. Come on ladies and gentlemen, dont be shy, step up.

Date: August 07, 2003 12:11PM

OMG what's been happening over there now? I turn my back for a couple of hours and they all run amok!

And this from a girl who only yesterday started a wet T-shirt competition* on the very same forum!

* funny how appropriate the third syllable of a word can be sometimes, isn't it?

Date: August 07, 2003 01:18PM

Im sorry, me? You handed out the very tight t-shirts then just happened to have your hose handy!!!

Oh, whats that noise, sounds like a chicken scratching around!

Date: August 15, 2003 08:29PM

Ptols - I can't get in. Have you barred me? Message says Internal Server Error, theres nothing wrong with my internals.... let me in, Waaaaahaaa!

Posted by: Ptolemy (---.range81-152.btcentralplus.com)
Date: August 15, 2003 09:01PM

No, there's a general problem Holly - and not just on the forum, email's down as well, and that's a different server. Bare with me (sic!) and I'll get back to you...

Date: August 15, 2003 09:13PM

Ta Ptols, but are you sure theres a good technical reason for me to be sitting here in the nude. You should see what the cold has done to my icons.

Posted by: kaz (139.134.58.---)
Date: August 16, 2003 01:52AM

Visual picture NOT needed!!!!!

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.