New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: In the grand traditon...
Posted by: Nicky (206.166.29.---)
Date: August 07, 2003 09:39PM

And if Dimitri can't take care of her, we'll send in Jen's brother!

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: August 07, 2003 09:45PM

Have good one, and if she's a real bitch there's always strychnine...

PSD

==========

This is the work of an Italian narco-anarchic collective. Don't bother insulting them, they can't read English anyway.

Posted by: Jen (---.storm.ca)
Date: August 07, 2003 10:11PM

Do I get any sort of royalty, or finder's fee of some kind, for the use of my brother in a possibly violent situation?

Try and have fun in Atlanta, Sarah ... we'll miss you in the chat room!

Posted by: Nicky (206.166.29.---)
Date: August 07, 2003 10:16PM

Sure, Jen, standard 10% ok?

Posted by: Jen (---.storm.ca)
Date: August 07, 2003 10:21PM

Works for me, Nicky. Let's not mention this little "arrangement" to my brother, hey? I'll just tell him that there's free beer waiting for him in Atlanta ... that should get 'im.

Heh heh heh. Evil older sister.

Posted by: Slightcap at parents house (---.ipt.aol.com)
Date: August 08, 2003 04:28AM

Update......
Here is my trip so far.

7:00 am. Leave house. Sit in traffic for an hour and a half. Say a few nasty words. Only get to just past Aquia(about 15 miles from my house).

8:30am Decide that sitting in trafiic will either kill me or the person on front of me, so i decide to take an alternate route. Get off the highway, turn wrong twice. Say a few more nasty words. end up going back the way i came. Go back home.

9:00am Arrive home. call mom to tell her that i am leaving AGAIN.

9:15am Leave home AGAIN

5:30 pm arrive on the outskirts of atlanta, only to find that the exit I need to take has been blocked by a jack knifed tractor trailer. Insert a few more nasty words.

7:15 pm. Arrive at parents house. call friend to arrange plans for the wedding this weekend. Listen to mom and dad bicker about various silly things. Eat dinner.

11:00pm Finally find time to get on computer to talk to my friends only to find they have all gone to bed.

11:30pm Go to bed myself. Night ya'll

Posted by: Slightcap at parents house (---.ipt.aol.com)
Date: August 08, 2003 04:32AM

Edit to previous post: 11:00pm Finally find time to get on computer to talk to my friends only to find they have all gone to bed. Except for vi. Helped vi find books to buy for the library.

Posted by: ilovespike (---.visp.co.nz)
Date: August 08, 2003 04:49AM

Lucky Vi, getting to buy heaps of new books with someone else's money! Hope the trip gets better, Slightcap.

"What I need is a strong drink and a peer-group." -Ford Prefect

Posted by: Slightcap at parents house (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: August 08, 2003 04:58AM

Ok. I vow to cheer up and look forward to the rest of my trip. No more complaining about the girlfriend. I am sure she is a lovely person and we will get on well together. I really do wish the best for both her and my brother.
P.S. I really did have fun on the trip down here. All my cat did was sleep and give me "i hate you for bringing me" looks. I think it is kinda funny that i had to come back home. Laugh guys. It was supposed to be funny.

Date: August 08, 2003 05:02AM

Did you bring your cat? How cute! What breed is (s)he?

Posted by: Slightcap at parents house (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: August 08, 2003 06:14AM

I have three cats. A black one, a gray one, and a brown tabby one (all male, all neutered). I brought the black one with me because he just got done being sick and i wanted to make sure that if he did get sick, I could take him to the vet. I left the other two at home with a person to feed them.
My mom also has two cats. Currently, one of them is following my cat around and sniffing every where he goes. They are not hissing at each other. The just follow each other around and look at each other every so often.

Posted by: Intrigue (---.vic.bigpond.net.au)
Date: August 08, 2003 07:31AM

No-one else has a Tortoiseshell cat?

They're the best colour!

---
Those who forget the pasta are doomed to reheat it.

Posted by: KT (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: August 08, 2003 08:11AM

Intrigue - Maisie is a tortie. Jack is black and white - he is her son, but she hates him.

Posted by: Auntysassy (193.132.206.---)
Date: August 08, 2003 12:35PM

Spitfire was a short-haired torty and when she died both the Dodo and I agreed that we wouldn't get another torty - she was one of a kind.

So when we came back from the cat rescue centre, we had a black cat (Colditz) and a long-haired torty (Hedwig) - she just looked so lost and cute.

Hedwig's still with us and was joined by Hodge (big fat ginger cat) just over a year ago.

Posted by: Ptolemy (---.range81-152.btcentralplus.com)
Date: August 08, 2003 01:35PM

I have two tortoiseshell tortoises, does that count?

Posted by: Auntysassy (193.132.206.---)
Date: August 08, 2003 02:56PM

I have a lovely glass dish with a tortoiseshell lid (1920s) and an even lovelier tortoiseshell handled manicure set (1930s) so if you want to get rid of your tortoises Ptolemy..............:-)

Date: August 08, 2003 07:48PM

I've got a massive black moggie from the SPCA, who is gorgeous and soooooo adorable [despite the fact she's 98 in cat years], and a psychotic kitten we found in our tree. He's blacky, tortoishell-ish and has black spots all over him. Oh, and he's a total midget.

ILS

Posted by: splat21 (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: August 08, 2003 08:18PM

Sounds great. I had a tortoisehell (Maudie) who had a miraculous ability to calm three year olds in mid-tantrum, after all the humans had given up & started tearing their hair out...

Hope it turns out to be fun Slightcap!

Post Edited (08-08-03 21:19)

_ _ _ _ _

If the English language made any sense, a catastrophe would be an apostrophe with fur.

Date: August 08, 2003 08:21PM

My 2 yr old cousin decided that Toot [my obese black geriatric] was a perfect substitue for a teddy bear. Squeezing ensued. Needless to say, Toot was not very happy about that.

My midget, Serge, thinks that jumping from our balcony to next door's is great fun. What he forgets is that he once missed, fell from the second story, got a concussion, split his palate and couldn't eat. Aaah, cats.

ILS

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: August 08, 2003 08:25PM

I thought they always fell on their feet?

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.