New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: In the grand traditon...
Posted by: ilovespike (---.visp.co.nz)
Date: August 08, 2003 08:43PM

I think Serge doesn't really realise that. What he does realise is that Toot never fights back, so he attacks her (and me [although I do fight back] ) at every opportunity.

ILS

"What I need is a strong drink and a peer-group." -Ford Prefect

Posted by: Nicky (206.166.29.---)
Date: August 08, 2003 08:51PM

'I thought they always fell on their feet?'

Must not have been properly buttered...

Posted by: ilovespike (---.visp.co.nz)
Date: August 08, 2003 08:54PM

:D

Serge doesn't like butter, but he often eats lint.

Posted by: Skiffle (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: August 09, 2003 12:14AM

I adore torties and actually had a lovely semi-longhair for a few months before she moved out. I love gingers too, but I've never had one of those. Diesel is brown, but otherwise all my cats have been black, black and white, or grey and white. I always say that the licence is @#$%& :)

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: August 09, 2003 12:38AM

As most of you already know (because I talk about them incessantly), I have 4 cats:

Scooter is a 7 year old short haired gray behemoth who weighs almost 18 pounds. He is the sweetest boy! Wouldn't hurt a soul (except for Odin, but that's another story)

Crickett is Scooter's littermate and she's also a behemoth, but she's almost 17 pounds. She's a long haired black smoke and her fur is actually white at the base and moves to black. She's beautiful in person, but she does NOT photograph well. She always comes out looking like a drowned rat/bat. We affectionately refer to her as the "waddling ottoman" because she's shaped like one and lumbers side to side when she runs away. She is very fast though, especially for her size.

Loki is our mini one of the herd. He's 2 years old and is under 10 pounds. But his fluff makes him look much larger. He's a dilute ginger and white moggie with fur like a Turkish Angora and the van patterns to match. Two big saddles on his back. And the tabby markings on the saddles are funny. The stripes run horizontally on one and vertically on the other! He's a sweet boy and very vocal. He's best friends with Odin.

Odin is our 9month old RagaMuffin purebred who weighs in at nearly 14 pounds!! He's expected to get somewhere between 20-25 pounds at maturity. He has a head the size of a grapefruit. Too bad his brain doesn't fill all that space LOL! He's what's known as a natural mink and white. His body is a deep coffee brown with a good splash of milk and his ears, face, lower legs and tail (points) are the deep coffee brown without milk...then his feet, chest, belly and chin are white. Pure white. He's a sweetie but he knows how to get in trouble, he's pigheaded and he keeps wanting to be alpha cat. So he picks on Scooter - the current alpha- and Scooter beats the snot out of him. But Odin could care less, he just comes back for more!

okay, 'nuff about my babies. Funny how they really can become like your children!

Posted by: Simon (---.westsussex.gov.uk)
Date: August 09, 2003 01:51PM

"lonely sigh" from a cat-less contributor...

"God rot Botchkamos Istochnik!"

Date: August 09, 2003 02:06PM

we love you anyway, Simon :)

Posted by: Jen (---.sympatico.ca)
Date: August 09, 2003 05:14PM

Somebody should do a count and see how many of our threads eventually evolve into discussions about cats :-)

Posted by: Nicky (---.chi.il.dial.anet.com)
Date: August 09, 2003 08:05PM

Erm, 'degenerate' might be a more accurate description.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: August 10, 2003 10:17PM

Here here (?) Or actually, now the week is over, there there, in more ways than one!

Posted by: Skiffle (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: August 10, 2003 11:24PM

I went to a cat show yesterday. The Maine Coons were fabulous - huge, semi-longhaired cats with great ear-tufts. There were a lot of Siamese, but I don't really like the modern types; they are all too drawn out and pointy, just as modern Persian have horrible flat faces. I couldn't touch any of the cats, because of the risk of spreading infection, but it was so difficult when big kittens poked their paws through the wire and asked for attention.

I saw some Birmans and became even more convinced that someday I'll have one. Must ask my friend, Ju, what the Cantonese for 'Cloud Lion' is. There were a few Bengali's, which are quite rare, but no Ragdolls or Ragamuffins.

Date: August 11, 2003 04:10AM

sounds like fun Skiffle. To the best of my knowledge, there are no RagaMuffin breeders in the UK yet. And I think there are only 3 in all of Europe. There's on in Austria and one in Italy and I think the other one is in Sweden. They're a fairly new breed.

Posted by: Intrigue (---.vic.bigpond.net.au)
Date: August 11, 2003 07:49AM

Changing the topic again -

Too hot for you Brits, huh? Or are you on the Chat room?

---
Those who forget the pasta are doomed to reheat it.

Posted by: Tracy (---.hyperion.com)
Date: August 11, 2003 02:00PM

Intrigue, I think all their phone lines along with the railways must be melting in the heat. I've noticed a definitely decline in posts since the heat started. Unless of course the subject is cats.

Posted by: Carla (198.179.227.---)
Date: August 11, 2003 02:25PM

I left %^$£$% Portugal to escape the heat!
And on weekends there isn't even air conditioning... at least here at work i'm nice and cool

Posted by: kaz (139.134.58.---)
Date: August 11, 2003 11:13PM

Okay, okay. 37 degrees definately classes as hot. Your hottest day ever, eh? Even in Tassie, which is the coldest part of aus, we hit that at least every two years. Last summer we topped 40. Come on! Try a bit harder. You can do it!

Posted by: Nicky (---.dsl.emhril.ameritech.net)
Date: August 12, 2003 11:29AM

Slightcap, leaving for Atlanta this morning. Hope you're enjoying Family Day. Call me if you get a chance or need to escape.

N.

Posted by: Slightcap at parents house (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: August 12, 2003 04:29PM

AAAAAAHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
SHE"S HEEEEE-EEEERE

To be continued.......

Posted by: Tracy (---.hyperion.com)
Date: August 12, 2003 04:32PM

I heard that scream all the way up here in Connecticut Slightcap.

Can't wait to hear the rest.....

Date: August 12, 2003 04:34PM

My outdoor wedding was 103 degrees.....and the following day was 105....

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.