New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
We have 203 members!
Posted by: Sarah B (---.cable.ubr06.dudl.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: August 08, 2003 09:13PM

I was just flicking through the members using madga's helpful trick of using their ID numbers and I found that we now have 203 members on the Fforum! Shocking, huh? If I had more time I might look to see how many of them had posted, but I haven't the time.

Anyone else bored enough to try? There will probably be more by the time someone does.

Incidentally, welcome to Glamhag who is member 203. :)

--------------

There's a hole in my creativity bucket and it's all leaked out.

Re: We have 203 members!
Posted by: Tracy (---.hyperion.com)
Date: August 08, 2003 10:13PM

Does someone get a prize for the member # whatever? You know balloons, noise makers, confetti, big check?

Date: August 08, 2003 10:16PM

If we ever get 500 members, we might celebrate it with a post or two. Or some virtual chocolate cake. Or soemthing.

I think it's one of those 'cross that bridge when we come to it' kind of things.

--------------

Date: August 08, 2003 10:18PM

Must have pink marshmallows Sarah. Chocolate cake, pink marshmallows and red wine!

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: August 08, 2003 10:21PM

And lemonade for Slightcap.

Date: August 08, 2003 10:24PM

That would be spiked lemonade right Dave R.?

Date: August 08, 2003 10:25PM

You'll have to explain.

Posted by: Nicky (206.166.29.---)
Date: August 08, 2003 10:27PM

DaveR, if you'd read the rules about lemonade...seriously, it means with alcohol added.

Date: August 08, 2003 10:29PM

Ah. I found those rules pretty baffling, esp. as they developed faster than I could read them.

Date: August 08, 2003 10:31PM

It's quite simple, lemonade is acceptable in the gutter provided it is spiked with something alcoholic without making it taste alcoholic.

Got it?

Date: August 08, 2003 10:34PM

Can I have something that pretends to be spiked but realy isn't? Like a soft greebo?

--------------

Date: August 08, 2003 10:34PM

Of course, when slightcap says she's spiked hers, she's invariably lying...that's in the rules somewhere too.

Date: August 08, 2003 10:37PM

Wait, isn't there a rule about not lying in the gutter? (pun intended)

Date: August 08, 2003 10:37PM

I don't think that's in there, Trace. Sort of implied....

Date: August 08, 2003 10:39PM

Ah. Pulls up a chair instead.

--------------

Date: August 08, 2003 10:53PM

A friend used to make a 'Pink Gibbon'. Involved Bailey's, a mix of spirits, and blackcurrant cordial. Looked like a strawberry milkshake hosting a snowstorm.

Posted by: AnnMarie (---.238.45.10.ptr.us.xo.net)
Date: August 08, 2003 11:02PM

Why wait? Bring on that chocolate cake, pink marshmallows, red wine,and margaritas :) Welcome Glamhag

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.range217-44.btcentralplus.com)
Date: August 08, 2003 11:19PM

I once concocted a cocktail I called "Atomblast S***kicker" (and it's hard to pronounce those asterisks after drinking one)... which consisted of everything to hand that was colourless or nearly so (vodka, gin, white wine, tequila...) finished off with a drink of whatever colour you liked. Unfortunately they didn't have any parfait amour to make it purple, so I ended up using blue curacoa.

The simplicity of the recipe means that after drinking the first you don't have to remember the ingredients for the second. If you're still conscious to drink another one.

Posted by: Skiffle (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: August 09, 2003 12:00AM

I was annoyed last night. I used to drink milk flavoured with blackcurrent cordial and peppermint cordial - it's really nice and refreshing (even two of my cats liked it).

While shopping in Tesco's with Gary, I decided to be extravagant and buy the necessary ingredients, to treat myself to this drink that I haven't tasted in over 6 years. I remembered that it helps to put one cordial in before the other, otherwise the milk curdles. Well, I tried every possible order of combining blackcurrent squash, peppermint cordial and milk. IT CURDLED EVERY TIME ! It smelt lovely, but strings of milk were clinging horribly to the spoon. I was nearly in tears of frustration.

I don't know whether I need to use full cream milk, instead of semi-skimmed, or if ribena works better than no-added-sugar squash. I used to be able to enjoy my blackcurrent and peppermint milk. I want it again (sob).

Date: August 09, 2003 12:12AM

Sounds a bit like the pink gibbon. Made by a Scotsman who when asked how he felt about the Sheffield weather, stripped to his boxers and entombed himself in snow with a big grin.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.