New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5
Re: Role Play Game
Posted by: kaz (139.134.57.---)
Date: August 12, 2003 03:00AM

Combination of kick boxing, martial arts and normal boxing. Hard, sweaty and exhausting! I love it!

Posted by: Jen (---.sympatico.ca)
Date: August 12, 2003 03:04AM

Sounds like fun ... I just do the normal, everyday kick boxing and that's a good workout as well. I guess it's sort of like Taibo then? I did a dozen classes in that and quite enjoyed it.

I tried Pilates recently as well but I need the violence, it helps with the divorce rage issues :-)

Posted by: kaz (139.134.57.---)
Date: August 12, 2003 03:16AM

Com Tai used to be called Taibo, so it would be the same thing. Don't ask me why they changed the name. Someone must have been bored one day or something. I agree with Pilates and the violence thing. Just dones't work really, does it.

With Com Tai we're told to imagine an opponent in front of us that we are hitting and kicking and punching. I imagine PSD standing there. It makes me feel so much better.

Posted by: Sarah B (---.cable.ubr06.dudl.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: August 12, 2003 03:54PM

I know very little about role-playing (having tried it once and been very bad at it!) but that doesn't stop me being a meber of no less than three role-play websites.

:) Typical me.

Anyway, I'm on for the Fforum pantomine. For the special bumper christmas edition of Whatever Next perhaps? We might even get a guest appearance by Jasper if we ask nicely...

What do you think?

--------------

There's a hole in my creativity bucket and it's all leaked out.

Posted by: Ptolemy (217.205.174.---)
Date: August 12, 2003 04:28PM

Yay! Glad someone else likes the idea - it would be so much fun! Definitely up for that myself... we should start scripting it. Which one shall we base it on? Aladdin? Jack & The Beanstalk?

Ha haa - they're surreal enough to begin with, and that's before we start to apply Nextian physics to them! Oh, dear!

Date: August 12, 2003 04:36PM

We'd have to have a vote I think. Maybe if we're going to put it into WN then we could have a vote in the next WN issue to see what people want to see as the panto (if that makes sense).

--------------

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: August 12, 2003 04:39PM

Sarah_Not_B would write a cracking one, I'm sure.

I could just call downstairs of course.

Everything's a vote, eh, Queen of the Fairies?

Date: August 12, 2003 04:53PM

Well, as a queen I'm used to democracy. It stops the infidels having an uprising. ;)

--------------

Posted by: Tracy (---.hyperion.com)
Date: August 12, 2003 04:55PM

Not to mention all the talk of chopping off heads right Sarah B?

Date: August 12, 2003 04:57PM

Well yes, that helps too.

If I'm going for subtle, it's a vote.

If it's got to be done right now, it's head-on-a-pole time for anyone who doesn't like it.

And who says I'm not a benevolent Queen? (I have an axe with your name on it, whoever you are...)

--------------

Posted by: Ptolemy (---.range81-152.btcentralplus.com)
Date: August 12, 2003 05:27PM

I'm buggered if I'm going to kneel down in front of you!

No... wait... I'll rephrase that.... damn, too late. Suppose we could always use it as a line in the Panto? No? Oh, ok then...

Posted by: splat21 (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: August 12, 2003 08:02PM

let's do it! Have a pantomime that was, Ptolemy... I'll prompt, if that's ok?.

Post Edited (08-12-03 21:03)

_ _ _ _ _

If the English language made any sense, a catastrophe would be an apostrophe with fur.

Date: August 12, 2003 08:54PM

Yeah, OK then Alison - you can prompt. Since the panto was my idea in the first place though I get to decide who goes inside the horse... heh.

Maybe this year the newlyweds should take on that role?

Posted by: splat21 (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: August 12, 2003 09:00PM

definitely :)

How about Cinderella? Got to be the original panto...

_ _ _ _ _

If the English language made any sense, a catastrophe would be an apostrophe with fur.

Posted by: Nicky (---.n-atpop05.stsn.com)
Date: August 12, 2003 09:46PM

I volunteer to be an evil stepsister. <wink>

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: August 12, 2003 09:49PM

I'll be one of the ugly sisters...

PSD

==========

This is the work of an Italian narco-anarchic collective. Don't bother insulting them, they can't read English anyway.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: August 12, 2003 09:52PM

If things go on as they are, it'll be me going round with a marshmallow instead of a glass slipper trying to find the girl who --- er --- because they all seem to want one.

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: August 12, 2003 09:53PM

T'other one ought to be Kaz, really... We'd make a great double act...

PSD

==========

This is the work of an Italian narco-anarchic collective. Don't bother insulting them, they can't read English anyway.

Posted by: Sarah (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: August 12, 2003 10:20PM

We need a Principal Boy. How about Sarah B as Prince Charming? And if she'll lend me her wings I could be the fairy godmother.

..........................................................................................

That which does not kill us makes us stranger.
(Llewelyn the dragon, Ozy and Millie)

Sarah

Date: August 12, 2003 10:34PM

PSD I can't believe you just said that!! Heh. I'm expecting to feel the tremors even from here when she reads that...

I'm not sure, wasn't Dick Whittington the original pantomime? (and the first person to say "You'd make a great Dick, Ptolly!" gets it between the eyes, ok?)

Incidentally, for those overseas readers who have absolutely NO idea what we're going on about, the stories are generally well-known (drawn from popular folk-tales and similar sources), populated with stock characters, including a principle boy - generally played by a young lady with shapely legs - the heroine, also played by a young lady (which gives an added edge to the inevitable romance) and a dame, played by a man as an exaggeration of a lewd middle-aged lady. Scripts change from year to year, but generally contain four strands of humour: visual, topical, corny and downright rude. In the UK this is considered to be family entertainment ;)

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.