New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Hello there!
Posted by: Simon (---.westsussex.gov.uk)
Date: August 13, 2003 03:46PM

because you'll never get out of it again?

Warning! Product may contain Newts!

Posted by: SLIGHTCAP (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: August 13, 2003 05:11PM

Welcome welcome....A bit of advice... Don;t believe any of what these people write and only half of what I manage to type correctly. And, if anyone offers you lemonade or marshmallows, check them carefully. The lemonade may be spiked, but the marshmallows are always very good...

Posted by: splat21 (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: August 13, 2003 06:13PM

Yes welcome

... and the chocolate's superb! (The lingerie's pretty good too!)

_ _ _ _ _

If the English language made any sense, a catastrophe would be an apostrophe with fur.

Posted by: Sarah (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: August 13, 2003 06:19PM

If one quick dip in the gutter is a lifetime membership, then you'll never get rid of Klinsmann...

..........................................................................................

That which does not kill us makes us stranger.
(Llewelyn the dragon, Ozy and Millie)

Sarah

Posted by: MissPrint (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: August 13, 2003 07:55PM

In that case, the little kitty that kept climbing in the window the other night when I was in the gutter is also a member.

Posted by: Ptolemy (---.range81-152.btcentralplus.com)
Date: August 13, 2003 08:26PM

Just a minute, people - how can Fonque's claim to be posting "left, right and centre" be true when the grand total to date remains at 1? Even with my limited mathematical capability I can see that can only be true for one out of the three claims. Methinks we've been had good and proper!

(If it were true guter matterial of course, it would be both good and IMproper... heh)

Posted by: Sarah B (---.cable.ubr06.dudl.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: August 13, 2003 08:41PM

Hello! Welcome!

I'd say run for it now while you still have a chance, but it's probably too late...

By the way, here's a helmet for you. To protect you from the crossfire when PSD and Kaz go head-to-head...

--------------

There's a hole in my creativity bucket and it's all leaked out.

Posted by: Tracy (---.hyperion.com)
Date: August 13, 2003 08:46PM

Sarah - A flak jacket might be appropriate as well. That crossfire gets a little close to the gutter.

Date: August 13, 2003 08:55PM

Good idea. Perhaps we should make it standar issue for all new recruits?

--------------

Date: August 13, 2003 08:57PM

I sense a new rule, better dig up the old thread.

Date: August 13, 2003 08:58PM

<hunts for shovel>

--------------

Posted by: Nicky (---.n-atpop03.stsn.com)
Date: August 14, 2003 03:33AM

And while you're at it, get rid of all these damn cats!!!!

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: August 14, 2003 04:38AM

and all the damn cat haters if that's the way you're going! (I think the cats outnumber you though, Nicky)

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: August 14, 2003 01:58PM

Not while I'm here. ;^)

Sarah has now fitted new flea collars to her little darlings. I have now stopped getting those 'midge bites' that were somehow only happening to me at her place. The last of the 'midges' turned up dead at the bottom of Sarah's cereal bowl this morning.

Chomsky, who used to spend entire days without leaving the house - sometimes even the spot - is now a brave new cat who goes out and sees the world, and his coat is showing major signs of improvement. Also he no longer performs his washing routine all day or with gymnastic vulgarity. A fine thing, the cat that spends its' time outdoors. The less I see of him, the more I approve of him.

Cats are unusual in that people love and hate them for the same reasons.

I wouldn't call myself a cat hater, merely a 'oh no here they go on again about cats when I can't see why' hater. After all, I write about them enough. I don't mind other people having cats, I just find it difficult having to co-exist with four of them, whilst at the same time being very glad of the associated facilities.

But if it comes down to being outnumbered, a recent survey showed the cat to be the second most hated animal in Britain. Also they are believed to be a major cause of asthma as a result of innocent asthmatics sitting down at the cinema on seats vacated by cat lovers who have spread their cats' hair to the seat inadvertantly. Even my car is full of cat hair, and they've never been in it.

Your reasons for liking cats are as good as my reasons for disliking them - and many of them are the same reasons!

Date: August 14, 2003 02:01PM

Hear hear Dave, couldn't have said it better.

Posted by: ScarletBea (---.telepac.pt)
Date: August 14, 2003 04:33PM

Welcome :)

I also can't wait to get my hands on TN3
*angry face*
My gf forgot to bring it to me
*angrier face*

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: August 14, 2003 11:17PM

Thanks for such a warm welcome (I feel all fuzzy).

I have taken everyone's advice on board and am now wearing standard issue bulletproof jacket and helmet for recent fforumites. As per instructions I shall now be avoiding lemonade from now on but indulging in marshmallows.

*exits left driving pink coloured tank whilst avoiding mammoth*

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: August 14, 2003 11:22PM

Come and chat - [jasperffordeffanclub.com]

PSD

==========

This is the work of an Italian narco-anarchic collective. Don't bother insulting them, they can't read English anyway.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: August 14, 2003 11:23PM

I can give you a 'The Nextarillion 3' if you want, ScarletBea ---

Ahem. Marshmallows, lingerie, e-delivery of virtual equivalents. This has been a bit of an overnight sensation. So as to avoid unwarranted slights, ladies only. Sorry Fonque, haven't had time to check the clues to see if you are a 8:)3<=, and your profile is vague. Advise please. Marshmallows conditionally waiting.

Posted by: Tracy (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: August 14, 2003 11:31PM

Dave - come chat NOW!

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.