New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: TRAAAACY!!!!!
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: August 13, 2003 10:56PM

Tracy, nothing from you I'm sorry to say; all the chat room have failed to get an e-mail through to me all day, so those of you who sent anything, please try again, I miss all you 8:)3<= this means you!

:)

Posted by: Tracy (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: August 13, 2003 11:09PM

Dave - I'll resend both emails I sent today to you tomorrow when I get back to work. Let me know if you get them.

Date: August 14, 2003 01:02PM

Thanks Tracy, nothing yet.

Jen, I think you're doing a very useful thing making a list of all the stuff that needs further explanation, whether because of the 'pond effect' or just lack of explanation in the text. I'll try to produce a response as an 'Appendix' to 'The Nextarillion'. Anything associated with Tolkien should surely have an appendix!

Of course some things dark and mysterious will appear in the course of completing the text - William Crustacean for instance.

I'd be happy to receive enquiries piecemeal to break the task of responding into smaller chunks, if you like.

Posted by: Jen (---.storm.ca)
Date: August 14, 2003 02:12PM

Dave, upgrade w/ marshmallows received gratefully. Was on sugar high last night from consuming retroactive marshmallows all in one sitting. :-)

I will start sending you my notes piecemeal then, probably beginning today at lunchtime when I get a mo ... I'm just about to start a very exciting round of planning meetings now ...

Posted by: Tracy (---.hyperion.com)
Date: August 14, 2003 02:16PM

Jen, isn't that sugar high just a beautiful thing?! Have decided to save remaining marshmallows for one sitting upon completion of Nextarillion.

Dave - check email, let me know if you've received anything.

Date: August 14, 2003 10:38PM

Dear North America,

Almost nothing from anyone today on Hotmail, looks like trouble.

Try instead :-

Director@DoubleRainbow.Co.Uk

Do NOT use '.Com' with the latter, that is an ice cream business.

:^)

Posted by: Skiffle (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: August 14, 2003 10:49PM

Oohhh, ice-cream. Frankly sounds more appealing than wearing a bra, in this sort of weather. (Eating the ice-cream, of course.)

Actually, my days of comfortably going braless in hot weather seem to be over. I just gave away 1 shirt and four skimpy tops that don't fit any more. I've got another couple of shirts to give to charity still - they now all look a little strained across the bust line.

Found a nice fitted cotton shirt for £3.49 in the catalogue shop today though :)

Posted by: Sarah (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: August 14, 2003 10:55PM

You could always wear a bra and eat ice cream. They're not mutually exclusive activities! :-)

..........................................................................................

That which does not kill us makes us stranger.
(Llewelyn the dragon, Ozy and Millie)

Sarah

Posted by: Ptolemy (---.range81-152.btcentralplus.com)
Date: August 14, 2003 11:10PM

Or fill a bra with ice cream and eat it?

(not the bra, silly! You put that on afterwards - I should think the effect would be quite cooling?)

Posted by: kaz (139.134.58.---)
Date: August 15, 2003 01:21AM

In really hot weather I freeze wet face cloths and then drape them over me. Feel s great!

Date: August 15, 2003 03:18PM

But do they make a good bra?

Posted by: Skiffle (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: August 15, 2003 11:49PM

You know those gel filled bras, intended to provide extra shape ? Maybe somebody should be them with removable gel inserts that retain heat or stay cool. You could put them in the fridge in the summer, and have a nice cool bra, or pop them in the microwave in the winter for a nice warm feeling that lasts for a few hours. Bigger boobs and a discreet way of warming or cooling oneself, all in one !

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: August 16, 2003 01:32AM

those chicken filet cup fillers would be ideal for that. Of course, it wouldn't work if you're already big enough. I fear I would scare the local children more than I already do if I were to add extra boobage...warm or cold!

Date: August 16, 2003 11:23PM

Silicone fillets. Nothing to stop you using them out of the fridge, though I'd be careful with the microwave in winter! But they're expensive.

Posted by: SLIGHTCAP (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: August 21, 2003 11:47PM

Come and talk to me.... I am lonely

Posted by: Tracy (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: August 21, 2003 11:48PM

Can't darlin, on my way out the door. I'll be back later.

Posted by: SLIGHTCAP (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: August 21, 2003 11:49PM

ok. have fun

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.