New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Movies!
Posted by: MuseSusan (---.union.edu)
Date: July 15, 2007 03:38AM

…specifically Jasper's new Movies section on the website. I just realized it was there, and it occurred to me that you all might appreciate being informed of its existence (unless, of course, you're all laughing at me for being the last to figure it out).

The thing I find particularly amusing is at a point about halfway through the second video, which is a publicity interview. Jasper is talking about all the extinct animals that have been cloned and as he says each thing ("dodos", "mammoths", etc.) a picture pops up behind him. Well, when he mentions "great auks" (an extinct water bird) a large green giant with spiky armor pops up instead. I'm assuming whoever cut the video wasn't really paying attention and thought Jasper said "great orcs"!

Re: Movies!
Posted by: SkidMarks (---.manc.cable.ntl.com)
Date: July 15, 2007 08:14AM

Yes, we wondered whether that was deliberate or a blooper.

Re: Movies!
Posted by: Bonzai Kitten (149.135.106.---)
Date: July 16, 2007 04:59AM

Knowing what we do of the Double Consonantly One?

We had to do assignments on extinct fauna in primary school, and I always liked the birds (mostly coz they all looked cool) so I laughed myself silly about that one!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.