New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Thursday's Fathers name?
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: July 19, 2007 09:40PM

I am now re-reading the series and I am almost done with WOLP and I was thinking about Thrusdays father. Is he name ever mentioned? I did a Google search and all I get is Colonel! Is his first name Colonel? or am I being dense and just haven't been paying attention? =-?

Re: Thursday's Fathers name?
Posted by: robcraine (---.mcb.net)
Date: July 19, 2007 09:59PM

Nope. Its mentioned shortly after...

***SPOILERS***

You HAVE been warned

...the whole pink goo episode that Thursday never knew her father's name. I don't think anyone did, although if he is called 'colonel next' then either somehow Thursday's mum kept her married name after her husband was eradicated, or that dad doesn't know his own name and adopted that of his wife and kids.

Things may change in TN-6

Rob

------
That statement is either so deep it would take a lifetime to fully comprehend every particle of its meaning, or it is a load of absolute tosh. Which is it, I wonder?
Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.