New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
OOOHHH
Posted by: 198505 (---.cable.ubr04.pres.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: September 06, 2007 01:18PM

Okay touch off topic, but I like it so get over it.

[www.goldencompassmovie.com]

I took the Deamon test and my is called Mayra and is a sparrow, relaxed modest inquisitive and humble, there's 12 days to get that changed here
[www.myspace.com]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blood! Death! War! Rumpy pumpy! Triumph!

Re: OOOHHH
Posted by: HouseInTheWoods (81.102.13.---)
Date: September 06, 2007 01:30PM

Oh, that is just a *beautiful* website!

My daemon is Rasthmus, a snow leopard, because I am apparently modest, assertive, humble, outgoing and spontaneous, several of which I would debate, but think my daemon is so gorgeous I would change personalities to keep him...

Posted by: Bonzai Kitten (149.135.107.---)
Date: September 06, 2007 02:15PM

I'd *like* my daemon to be called Crowley...

Posted by: SkidMarks (---.manc.cable.ntl.com)
Date: September 06, 2007 06:39PM

Nice yourspace, Numbers.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

My computer beat me at chess, but I won at kickboxing

Posted by: 198505 (---.cable.ubr04.pres.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: September 06, 2007 08:37PM

Thank you, glad you like it.

Still a work in progress...

Posted by: CannibalRabbit (---.VIC.netspace.net.au)
Date: September 07, 2007 03:01PM

I have ended up with Rhianna a Jackal Daemon.
A rabbit and a jackal do not seem like a good combination!

I think that I'll now have to start singing about umbrella's now. Apparently there are "lyrics" up for that "song" - the mind boggles

Posted by: mrs SkidMarks (---.manc.cable.ntl.com)
Date: September 09, 2007 04:23PM

mine's an adorable little mouse called Apollonius.
I've read Northern Lights and didn't really like it but this is because I'm sure I've read the same story without Lyra in a shorter version. A short story I suppose but I can't track it down and it's really annoying me because it was so much better.
Did Pullman do a version in an anthology? does anyone know?

Posted by: OC Not (---.socal.res.rr.com)
Date: September 10, 2007 03:35AM

Not a great fan of this series but will be reading it again before the film is released, so maybe my opinion will change. Still couldn't resist the daemon challenge. My familiar is a gibbon named Romulus. If anyone gets a Remus, let me know!

Posted by: Bonzai Kitten (149.135.110.---)
Date: September 11, 2007 02:31PM

lol. Mine was a raven called Rhemeus (or something like that) will that do?

Posted by: OC Not (68.121.255.---)
Date: September 11, 2007 05:37PM

Yay let's found an empire! Our legions will distribute copies of Jasper's books, tea, battenberg (oh yes they will), etc. etc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2007 08:30PM by OC Not.

Posted by: Bonzai Kitten (149.135.105.---)
Date: September 12, 2007 02:16PM

Hmm... Okay, but I'm taking all the sharp objects away from you, and you can keep the wolf to yourself.

Posted by: OC Not (68.121.255.---)
Date: September 12, 2007 05:11PM

Not sure if BK should have a large collection of sharp objects? Anyone with me on that?

Posted by: MuseSusan (---.union.edu)
Date: September 13, 2007 05:06AM

I'd been planning to read the books for a while, even though I picked up the first one once before, read the first chapter or so, and didn't really get into it. But after seeing this thread and being reminded that the movie would be released soon, I picked up a copy of the trilogy on Saturday. Four days later (three nights with very little sleep) and I've finished and am now eager for the movie!

Well, pound me flat with a rubber stamp and call me very impressed! This is probably the only book I've ever read where the hero acquires a magic object and immediately thinks of three or four creative uses of its very specific power, or where a scientist is portrayed in anything even remotely resembling an accurate light.

Anyhoo, my daemon is apparently a tiger named Agapius. Surprising, actually--I didn't expect a big cat. And I think if I did have a big cat I'd prefer a cougar.

Posted by: BibwitHart (---.rivernet.com.au)
Date: September 14, 2007 09:12AM

Bonzai Kitten! can you do the test for me please! I don't have flash- I'd like to know what mine is ^_^
If not I'll wait till I have access to a computer with it already (damned slow dial
up_.

I finished my teaching! 50 days!!!! yayayayayayayayayayayayayayayyayayayayayayayayyayayayayayayayayay
ayayayayayayyaaayayayayaya
Am happily hyper

I got a book for free yesterday, of the dark materials trilogoy- the science of it, written by two scientists that Pullman went to lectures of in the first place. It relates all his science back to the real stuff and shows how similar it is.
Should make for an interesting read!

Posted by: Bonzai Kitten (149.135.108.---)
Date: September 14, 2007 01:14PM

I can't do the test for you, lol. It's very subjective!

You'll just have to come visit me sometimes when I'm in tafe and use the compys there..:P

Posted by: bunyip (---.as1.adl6.internode.on.net)
Date: September 15, 2007 02:25AM

I have just done the yest on dial-up. It didn't take too long.

Apparently I am associated with a female chimpanzee going with the name of Eumelia.

So, don't monkey with me!

Posted by: MartinB (---.cache.ru.ac.za)
Date: September 15, 2007 01:44PM

I am still leery about the movie. They have the look of it done well, but.... Meh. I dunno.

Oh yes. Raccoon named Xanthia.

- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2007 01:49PM by MartinB.

Posted by: BibwitHart (---.rivernet.com.au)
Date: September 17, 2007 06:32AM

I'm sure you could- you've known me for 6 years!

I'll get around to it one day...

Posted by: OC Not (---.238.61.41.ptr.us.xo.net)
Date: September 19, 2007 11:16PM

I am starting to wonder how many different daemon options are available. So far, no one has the same one!

Posted by: MuseSusan (---.union.edu)
Date: September 21, 2007 01:15AM

Well, since there are five choices for each of (I forget how many) questions, that could conceivably generate a huge number of distinct options. However, I suspect 1) that's more options than the designers of the site would actually assign distinct animals to, and 2) giving close answers to some of the questions might not change what animal you get. (In other words, if I took it twice and gave the same answers each time except for one or two questions in which I shifted my answer by one degree, I'd probably get the same animal each time unless I was right on the borderline between one animal and another.)

Also, I'm sure the names are picked at random from some very large list, much larger than the number of possible animals.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.