New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 3 of 7
Re: Fforde Ffiesta 2008
Posted by: Lycanthra Pod (---.dsl.pipex.com)
Date: December 09, 2007 01:16PM

Kirufisher, welcome, Mr S should be offering tea and cake as well from the trolley, we do like a selection around here.

Rest assured,Y yu will be welcomed with open arms to the Ffiesta, there are already six others from your side of the pond booked in, so the more the merrier!

Posted by: Bonzai Kitten (149.135.107.---)
Date: December 09, 2007 01:36PM

Welcome!
Savoury to the left, and sweet to the right. You can tell the difference, because they are marked with an S

Posted by: MartinB (---.cache.isnet.net)
Date: December 09, 2007 03:05PM

Somehow I am seeing double. I thought that Skids had already said hell... Oh.

Kitten! No plagiarising stealing!

- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

Posted by: Bonzai Kitten (149.135.107.---)
Date: December 09, 2007 04:34PM

Skids forgot to say which was which, thats all. Unless I substantially misread the post. (although it is half three, and I am just finishing up an exhausting business plan, so thats definite possibility)

Posted by: Anonymous User (89.240.200.---)
Date: December 09, 2007 06:46PM

Hi all -
I'm a longtime ffan but first time poster and wanted to say hello... I've just bought my ticket for the Fiesta and I look forward to meeting those of you who'll be attending.

heathie

Date: December 10, 2007 05:06PM

Hello heathie, welcome to the phorum, have some tea and cake and we look forward to seeing you at the Ffiesta

Posted by: ibborobb (194.203.72.---)
Date: December 12, 2007 02:22PM

Hi all. Do you have any ffestival advertising that needs putting up around sunny Swindon? .... I have my own glue.

Date: December 13, 2007 09:36AM

ibbrobb, what kind of glue?

Some passing pedestrian will object strongly if you use superglue to stick a poster to them and birds will peck off flour paste....

Thanks for the offer, we'll let you know nearer the time when we've had time to do forensic tests on the glue.

Posted by: MartinB (---.cache.isnet.net)
Date: December 13, 2007 10:41PM

Surely if you use superglue it will not really matter if they object?

Welcome Heathie. :)

And belated welcome back to Ms pod. My manners have been slipping. *offers extra Battenburg*

- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

Date: December 14, 2007 09:58AM

It's non-toxic & child friendly ... managed to stick 7 of the little b******s together before I was rumbled.

Date: December 14, 2007 06:09PM

That's OK then ibborobb!

Hello Martin, *waves* unlike some antipodeans around here (not mentioning any names Kitten) I love marzipan, that's the best bit of Battenberg cake!

So thanks for that, it will go nicely with the carrot cake my daughter made me =)

Posted by: SkidMarks (---.manc.cable.ntl.com)
Date: December 15, 2007 10:09AM

Thank you for correcting my oversight, BK. I must admit I wasn't sure which were where, but your sharper eyes came to the rescue!

(I leave the offers of cakes and drinks to others: The Wigan area is known for pies, not refreshments :) )

Posted by: Ptolemy (---.range86-158.btcentralplus.com)
Date: January 13, 2008 09:46PM

Just a quick note to bounce this back to the top. Only just over a hundred days to go! Planning for the Fforde Ffiesta 2008 is now gathering pace. Tickets are on sale, the bus for the Guided Tour of Swindon is booked, and all the various events are starting to take shape.

Around 1/4 of the ticket allocation has been sold already - a lot of them to people travelling from overseas, who understandably have to make plans early. Thanks to everyone who has bought tickets. We love you all. Bear in mind the price goes up from 25.00 per person to 30.00 after 1st March, so order early to avoid disappointment.

The event is taking place at the De Vere Hotel and UnConventional Centre, Shaw Ridge, Swindon, Wiltshire, England on Saturday May 3rd and Sunday May 4th 2008, with an optional kite-flying picnic expedition to the Uffington White Horse planned for Monday May 5th as well (weather permitting - it's a Bank Holiday so please keep those fingers crossed)

However, DON'T try to book rooms at the hotel yourself - they'll only tell you it's sold out, as we have all the 152 rooms there reserved. Details of how to book yourselves rooms at the hotel (and take advantage of the special discount rates that we've arranged) will be provided AFTER you have bought your Ffiesta tickets.

Newsflash: WE ARE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR ACTORS! Anyone planning on attending the event who fancies getting involved in a planned production of Shakespeare's Richard III (done TEA style), please get in touch. We're also looking for costumes and props.

Please check in regularly at the Ffiesta Website [www.ffordeffiesta.com] for further information. If you have any questions which aren't answered there, feel free to drop a line to the Fforganisers at: fridays@ffordeffiesta.com.

Thanks and hope to see you soon

Ptolly

Posted by: OC Not (---.socal.res.rr.com)
Date: January 15, 2008 07:00AM

It sounds like so much fun and I wish I could be there. Who is in charge of the webcam for the Richard III performance? I need links!!!

Posted by: OC Not (---.socal.res.rr.com)
Date: January 15, 2008 07:11AM

Whoops. Realizes should have posted here last just to keep it at the top of the heap. Good morning Aussies!

Posted by: MuseSusan (149.106.224.---)
Date: January 15, 2008 03:44PM

I don't have the money to make it across the Atlantic this year, but I'm going to start saving right away for the next Ffiesta! In the meantime, hope you find lots of actors (though shouldn't you just pull them out of the audience?) and have a great time!

Posted by: Jazz_Sue (212.85.12.---)
Date: January 15, 2008 04:06PM

Are there any campsites near Swindon? (cheapskate that I am, but it's the only way I'll be able to afford it)

Date: January 15, 2008 04:18PM

The Nearest one I know of is in Calne - about 15 miles away! If I had a garden you'd be welcome to pitch up ... but I don't ... sorry. I can send you a list of B&Bs if that would help?

Posted by: Jazz_Sue (212.85.12.---)
Date: January 15, 2008 04:29PM

ibborobb Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Nearest one I know of is in Calne - about 15
> miles away! If I had a garden you'd be welcome to
> pitch up ... but I don't ... sorry. I can send you
> a list of B&Bs if that would help?

Naaah - I suddenly remembered why they have these conventions in hotels with plenty of bar room in the first place. Besides anything else, I'll be lucky if I can find the lifts, let alone the car keys.

I'll just have to sell one of the kids, I guess. Somebody's kids, anyway.

Posted by: LeonardQuirm (---.brnt.adsl.virgin.net)
Date: January 30, 2008 01:00PM

Well, following on from Rob's suggestion ages back (previous page, anyway), I'd like to initiate some sort of room matching thing...although I'll probably do it on a new thread. Keep an eye out for it if you're planning on attending but don't have anyone to share a room with.

Alternatively, are there single rooms available at the hotel? How much do they cost?

With any luck I should be booking my ticket soon...

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 3 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.