New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: What you want for Xmas
Posted by: Bonzai Kitten (149.135.106.---)
Date: January 16, 2008 03:30PM

The third series of Boosh was not as good as the second. But it wasn't bad. It's not on dvd here yet, so I have to keep waiting.

Also. Why the hell were you trying to fire kilns when you ought to be have been down the boozer placing bets like the rest of us?

Posted by: BibwitHart (---.dyn.iinet.net.au)
Date: January 17, 2008 01:00AM

What? You never said anything about that! I'm not psychic you know.
I really loved the last episode on the first disc of the second series! (the nightmare of milky joe) Classic! I love Vince- amazing nose eh?

Posted by: Bonzai Kitten (58.163.131.---)
Date: January 17, 2008 03:39PM

lol, really? Howard's my fave...

Posted by: SkidMarks (---.manc.cable.ntl.com)
Date: January 17, 2008 06:45PM

HouseInTheWoods Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's why I think the UK could benefit from a Thanksgiving bank holiday weekend sometime in October / November, if only to prevent all the Christmas stuff appearing in stores from mid-September.

Admittedly they are not bank holidays but we do have Guy Fawkes Night and (unfortunately) we have also had Halloween foisted on us.

I've nothing against Halloween per se, just the awful trick or treating rubbish picked up from movies and t.v. shows. If we must have it as a holiday can't we just ensure that it is the one night when witches stay in?

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

My computer beat me at chess, but I won at kickboxing

Posted by: HouseInTheWoods (81.102.13.---)
Date: January 18, 2008 09:28AM

Guy Fawkes "Night"? Then why all the fireworks from mid-October until, well, early January? Perhaps it's just our neighbours...

Posted by: Bonzai Kitten (149.135.104.---)
Date: January 18, 2008 01:48PM

Least you can have fireworks!
Ours keep getting canceled because they don't trust the fella not to burn the town down.
Then again, he did manage to set his range rover alight a couple of years ago, so maybe it's for the best.

Posted by: MartinB (---.cache.isnet.net)
Date: January 18, 2008 08:14PM

They are banned here because they frighten the dogs.

- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

Posted by: BibwitHart (---.VIC.netspace.net.au)
Date: January 24, 2008 08:55AM

His slim Handsome legs....

Posted by: bunyip (---.as1.adl6.internode.on.net)
Date: January 26, 2008 01:42PM

Like the song says 'If it could be christmas every day of the year' I would be chundering myself silly for about 362 days. the other two or three I would not have sobered up.

Not all Australia has a public holiday for the Melbourne cup horse race but it efffectively stops the entire country, and probably upsets digestions in Kiwiland as well. In Adelaide and Perth and Kanbra in my experience the place stops from lunchtime to about four and then everybody flexs off and goes to a pub/club/other watering hole.

I like Hot Cross buns and we found that our local Woolworth's supermarket has its own bakery and they make a bread loaf all year with hot cross bun mix. At Easter they dribble some white crusty stuff on top but the rest of the year it is a good wholesome uncut loaf. Unfortuneately it has the same effect as the good malt breads we got in England all those years ago - it is a waistline expander first class (especially if you smother it with good thick slabs of butter or such and eat about three or four slices at a time.

Christmas chocolates are a rip off. Cadbury 250gm blocks now retail at about $4.40, but 50gm easter bunny costs the same or nearly. So bugger easter bunnies. Haigh's chocolates do an Easter Bilby in place of the introduced pest rabbit, and their milk chocolates cost about $25 - 30 a kg, but it is delicious smooth yummy delights. So are all their other chocolates, and they are better than Swiss Glory in my opinion.

So all those who are feeling old and grumpy this is your chance

Eat easter bun loaf all year, eat good chocolate all year and throw large solid packed rubbish at those who would pollute our way of life with Hallowe'en and especially Valentine's Day.

What you want for Xmas
Posted by: zendao42 (---.bhm.bellsouth.net)
Date: January 28, 2008 01:16AM

*ducks the rubbish*

But I like Halloween- it's one of the few holidays where nobody has to cook & they don't withold the mail!

Signature or shameless self-promotion?
You decide:

[www.myspace.com]

Posted by: bunyip (---.as1.adl6.internode.on.net)
Date: January 28, 2008 09:30AM

But do you get all the junk mail as is issued in Oz?

I am not buying my missus gold whatsits every year because someone got massacred. Especially as I am not influence by the RC religion. In my library the only saint is Simaon Templar.

What you want for Xmas
Posted by: zendao42 (---.bhm.bellsouth.net)
Date: February 03, 2008 04:01AM

Get candy, not gold- bags, not cute little boxes...

I wish they'd send me the mail I'm supposed to get so I don't have to go the store & buy magazines I've already subscribed to when they send next week's before this week's...

Nah, better not get started on the Post Office today- no good can come of it!

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.