New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Do you know this piece of music?
Posted by: Bonzai Kitten (58.163.130.---)
Date: March 17, 2008 09:35AM

There's this ad for the ICAA (chartered accountants) that has been driving me nuts because I can't place the music... Any ideas?

[www.youtube.com]

Re: Do you know this piece of music?
Posted by: EgonSpengler (---.sns.nottingham.ac.uk)
Date: March 17, 2008 10:26AM

No idea. It could easily be a piece of influential classic music, or it could be generic piano advert music. It lives in the VOID, and resists all placement.

--------------

Aargh! His eyes turned into pinwheels!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2008 10:26AM by EgonSpengler.

Re: Do you know this piece of music?
Posted by: Jazz_Sue (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: March 18, 2008 01:00PM

Yonks ago, I went to a big band concert, and the leader there filled in with little anecdotes between the tunes, as they do (to give the bass player a rest, I'd imagine) Anyhow, one of the things I learned was, the main source of income for a gigging musician was not live sessions (much as they love doing them) but in recording 'library music' (which they don't) One of the things they played for us was a piece he'd composed and recorded as library music, but felt good enough to use on a live audience, thus this flippet of news acted as an intro to their next number. He never went any further into it than this, but obviously this means TV advertising execs and the like can access all sorts of musical talent at a fraction of what it would cost to hire a composer, band and recording time. I'd imagine it's similar to the copyright-free images (photos and so on) that publishers can download and use, eg for magazine articles. A lot of photographers make a fair bit of income selling these on, copyright included, to companies they find from the A and W year book; Daughter No 1 paid last term's fees from her diggie pics of Deadhill. This might be where your bit of music came from - obviously, it makes stuff simple if the composer can sell the rights to an original composition, rather than a rearrangement of an existing piece, which might attract all sorts of complicated copyright issues.

Yes, I'm getting all serious again. It all comes down to the fact I've gone back to college, and we covered something similar to this last week, bliiiiinnnnnngggggg!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.