New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Granny Next?
Posted by: GenericInTraining (---.hsd1.co.comcast.net)
Date: June 06, 2008 04:35PM

Hi all, just wondering: in "Something Rotten" what is the name of the book that puts Granny Next to sleep? I feel like a complete idiot for not remembering and I've scanned my copy a hundred times over! You might also want to know that the name of the book must be three words long. You will find an extended version of this post in the Thursday Next forum but I figured I would have more luck finding the answer if I posted the question here.
Much Thanks,
Generic

Re: Granny Next?
Posted by: EgonSpengler (---.sns.nottingham.ac.uk)
Date: June 06, 2008 04:46PM

Are you trying to get into the Special Features nefariously, by any chance? Naughty, if so!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2008 07:59PM by EgonSpengler.

Posted by: GenericInTraining (---.hsd1.co.comcast.net)
Date: June 06, 2008 07:27PM

As a matter of fact I am, Egon! But why naughty? Do you know the name? I though it was "Faerie Queen". I'm also assuming that when Jasper says "to sleep" he means "to death" yes?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2008 07:30PM by GenericInTraining.

Posted by: OC Not (---.socal.res.rr.com)
Date: June 07, 2008 08:03AM

Actually that is one of Jasper's rare errors in continuity.

Posted by: Bonzai Kitten (58.163.130.---)
Date: June 07, 2008 04:18PM

try adding an e

And it's not a continuity error as such- if only because it's fixed with time-trickery ;)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.