New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Dodo puzzle
Posted by: violet s. (---.jvl.wi.charter.com)
Date: April 12, 2003 08:33PM

Help, pls.

I've made it as far as 'How far did the dodo walk into the Forest of Dean?' in the puzzle, and am now stuck. I'm not British, I'm not a dodo, please help. Any hints? Any clues? Anything? Thanks :)

Re: Dodo puzzle
Posted by: ERIN (198.107.42.---)
Date: April 12, 2003 09:40PM

HALFWAY

Posted by: Carla (---.zen.co.uk)
Date: April 12, 2003 11:06PM

we normally try to give hints, or direct people to another thread with hints, this kind of spoils it...

welcome all newcomers anyway...

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: April 13, 2003 12:45AM

Seconded, I mean, people just typing spoilers (eg The dedication from the proof, ahem!), isn't really on - not least as there may be people stuck on earlier stuff who don't want all the answers on a plate.

Typing out the answer also strikes those of us who struggled as being unbearably smug. Maybe it's just a cultural thing?

EDIT--> I've stuck up a new thread that should enable people to avoid spoilers. Of course, if they want to be given the answersI've made it clear that they are lying about, so at least those who want to engage brains can do so. If anyone posts a straight answer in that thread I will get *very* annoyed (not least as it took me three-quarters of an hour to sort it out with my modem timing out every five minutes and losing the lot), and may resort to sarcasm...

Can I suggest nobody posts any more to these threads with direct spoilers in, to try and keep them out of sight? Or is that being silly?

EDITED EDIT--> Don't answer that here - please!

Post Edited (04-13-03 02:54)

PSD

==========

This is the work of an Italian narco-anarchic collective. Don't bother insulting them, they can't read English anyway.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.