New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

The Well of Lost Plots :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
For chat regarding 'Well of lost Plots'.  
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
I'm confused. But it's all in my head.
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: August 20, 2003 10:22PM

"January 2004: UK paperback launch of Well of Lost Plots. Short sequence of events to accompany this. TBA"

Now that, to me, suggests the paperback edition of WOLP will be launched in the UK in early 2004. Can someone please explain to me how this would happen five months after said edition became available?

Re: I'm confused. But it's all in my head.
Posted by: robcraine (---.mcb.net)
Date: August 20, 2003 10:38PM

I think the WoLP paperbacks I've seen in bookshops are of the larger-than-life hardbacksized but with a paper cover variety. Possibly the above launch is of the ordinary sized book.

I could, of course, be wrong.

rob

Posted by: kaz (139.134.57.---)
Date: August 21, 2003 01:45AM

That's the Trade Paperback, Rob. They release them at the same time as the hard-back, then the paperback is released later. Don't ask me why. I don't know. I know lot's of things, but I don't know that.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: August 21, 2003 11:34AM

It's looking like this is one of those things where the answer is rather more confusing than the original question.

Posted by: Auntysassy (62.3.196.---)
Date: August 21, 2003 01:13PM

It's easy - WOLP was published in Trade Paperback and Hardback formats. These are almost the same size but at different prices. The Mass Market Paperback (smaller) is being published in 2004.

It's becoming more common for publishers to publish original fiction in both hardback and trade paperback formats - not sure why. Some of them want the editions added together for best seller chart purposes but as they are different formats and different prices, we don't do it.

Posted by: Sarah B (---.cable.ubr06.dudl.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: August 24, 2003 12:46PM

Oh, that means I have the trade paperback. Oooh. Sounds posh, even if it isn't.

--------------

There's a hole in my creativity bucket and it's all leaked out.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.