New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

The Well of Lost Plots :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
For chat regarding 'Well of lost Plots'.  
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
U.S. Edition
Posted by: Magda (---.dialip.mich.net)
Date: January 01, 2004 02:43PM

Just thought I'd mention that I've managed to get hold of and read an Uncorrected Proof for the US Edition of WOLP that comes out in February.

There is indeed a bit of additional material at the end of the book, in the form of an extra chapter (called chapter 34b, if I recall correctely). And what is this extra chapter about, you ask? The weather.

--------------
"I've often said that the difference between British and American SF TV series is that the British ones have three-dimensional characters and cardboard spaceships, while the Americans do it the other way around."
--Ross Smith

Re: U.S. Edition
Posted by: Simon (---.westsussex.gov.uk)
Date: January 02, 2004 06:45PM

"Mutter, grumble..."

"Don't wake the sleepers."

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.client.comcast.net)
Date: March 11, 2004 09:23PM

So does this mean that the "extra chapter" wasn't in the UK edition? I'd been wondering...

Post Edited (03-11-04 22:23)

Posted by: Magda (---.med.umich.edu)
Date: March 11, 2004 09:46PM

Correct. They added the extra chapter to the US edition, in an effort to give US fans an incentive to buy that edition rather than (or in addition to) ordering the UK edition from amazon.uk (since that came out 7 months earlier).

--------------
"I've often said that the difference between British and American SF TV series is that the British ones have three-dimensional characters and cardboard spaceships, while the Americans do it the other way around."
--Ross Smith

Posted by: mebbeido (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: March 12, 2004 02:36PM

Has anyone else read the chapter in Big Night Out?

------------
'Pompadour,' spat my mother. 'Living in sin with his pompadour.'

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.