New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

The Well of Lost Plots :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
For chat regarding 'Well of lost Plots'.  
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Newcomer to the site just wants to say hi...
Posted by: SKreme (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 22, 2005 12:48AM

Hey, I just finished the Well of Lost Plots last night, at about 3AM... since I could not put it down... I think it is my favorite of the three. Didn't know about the website until I saw the url in TN-3 and went online to read the special features. I just wanted to say hi to everyone here on the fforum. I think I am missing out on a lot since I have never read many of the books that are referenced in the Thursday Next series but I am enjoying myself nonetheless. I love the puns and great oneliners ("They identified him by his dental records. Why he had them on him no one would ever know." (Don't have the actual text in front of me but you get the picture.)) I think that the greatest compliment to Jasper FForde is that after reading his books, it makes me want to read all the classics he referrences just to understand the inside jokes... That leaves me with a pretty tall stack of books to read so I must be going.

Re: Newcomer to the site just wants to say hi...
Posted by: Barefoot Andy (195.188.86.---)
Date: February 22, 2005 02:44PM

Hello SKreme. Yup, one of those things about Fforde with the classics is great, but he references such a range of books, and often so fleetingly, that there'll be a little something in there. So either you find you think "Aha, I get that, after reading *****, I now feel smug" or "Hey, I should read ****, it sounds quite good". And the puns, of course (the "had had that that" is my favourite).

Oh and have some cake. You have to have some when you join the Fforum. It is the LAW

-------
Turn the silliness to eleven!

Re: Newcomer to the site just wants to say hi...
Posted by: A. Salieri (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: February 28, 2005 10:05PM

Hello SKreme,
You know, I do have a reputation for annoying newbies, but if you'll ignore all that and join me for some tea along with BA's cake, we'll get along just fine!

I suggest starting with "Jane Eyre" or "Wuthering Heights" (They're my fav. TN-referenced books).

Best Regards,
~A.S.~

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.