New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Something Rotten :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
For posts regarding TN-4 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
I met Jasper Fforde and got my book signed.
Posted by: LucyJ (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: August 09, 2004 07:07PM

He was doing a talk in Coventry. I asked which book he'd like to change the end of and he said King Lear because he thinks the good guys shouldn't die. he gave me a 7 wonders of Swindon postcard and signed my book.

Re: I met Jasper Fforde and got my book signed.
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: August 09, 2004 09:21PM

His signings are always fun! Glad you got to go!

Welcome to the Fforum by the way :)

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: August 11, 2004 03:12PM

I met him too, last night when he was in Cleveland, OH. He was soooooo nice! I didn't even mind standing in line for an hour to get it signed and meet him, because it meant I got to stand in line for an hour with people as in love with the books and characters as me!

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: August 12, 2004 07:27PM

I met him in Bristol. But I nearly didn't as I was afraid it might spoil the books to know what the author was like. I can't believe I could have thought that! He is truly fantastic!

Posted by: Slywich (---.canton01.mi.comcast.net)
Date: August 13, 2004 01:03AM

I'm going to meet him in Traverse City, MI, tomorrow night. I'm glad to know that it took you an hour in line for his signing, so I can prepare now. I'm so excited. We're planning a family vocation around this event, and we have to drive 4 hours to get up there. It will be great.

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: August 13, 2004 01:10AM

Yeah, take a bottle to pee in.

HTH

PSD

==========

This is the work of an Italian narco-anarchic collective. Don't bother insulting them, they can't read English anyway.

Posted by: Jo (---.innogistic.co.uk)
Date: August 16, 2004 02:17PM

Tangle - hope you get this - where were you sat in the Bristol signing? I was the one at the front who liked Wuthering Heights :D

Posted by: Cindy (---.client.comcast.net)
Date: August 17, 2004 06:10AM

I went on the 14th to the signing in Petoskey. That was the most fun! He's such a great guy. All the writers I know personally are sullen and weird. Jasper's not at all sullen and monumentally wierd!

Posted by: Magda (---.dialip.mich.net)
Date: August 20, 2004 03:17AM

Hello fellow Michiganders!

I live in Ann Arbor, but was in Pennsylvania on vacation during the MI signings, so I caught up with Jasper in Dayton on the way there. Just got back home (and back online) last night.

I wonder how many of the folks who went to the signings in TC and Petoskey actually drove up from the southeastern part of the state? Be nice if we could get him down here next time, eh?

-Magda-

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: August 20, 2004 07:55PM

Hi Jo - only just seen this. Wasn't he brilliant? Could have listened to him for hours.

I was in the front on the left, blond hair. I asked Mr Ff why he had made his central character a woman. I now have the first part of his reply in my copy of Something Rotten - "Because I find women more interesting...." Jasper.

Fantastic!

Posted by: a librarian dammit (---.nrockv01.md.comcast.net)
Date: August 23, 2004 06:54PM

Hello -- I just had to respond when I read the note about the female protag query. THAT was MY question when Mr. Fforde was speaking to us in Washington DC!! And quite a nice thorough response I got too...bottom line I think is that he's fascinated with the fact that we shave.

Great minds...

and yes, I could be an educated enemy -- better yet, an educated friend!

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: August 23, 2004 09:36PM

First question I asked was 'Can someone pass me another red, please?'

Maybe I'm just different...

PSD

==========

This is the work of an Italian narco-anarchic collective. Don't bother insulting them, they can't read English anyway.

Posted by: a librarian dammit (---.nrockv01.md.comcast.net)
Date: August 24, 2004 05:35AM

...I've just finished Something Rotten. Glorious. Course now, just before summer break ends, I have to resort to Kinky Friedman's latest...the Prisoner of Vandam Street. American Hilarious.

Wait, am I allowed to mention another author on this fforum?

KHM

Und Du dachtest Du warst fertig...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.