New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Something Rotten :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
For posts regarding TN-4 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
the GUN!
Posted by: sharon (---.cvx.algx.net)
Date: January 11, 2005 02:00PM

Finally! Ive been waiting for that moment, to finally get BACK to that gun!

Thank you Mr Fforde!

sharon

Re: the GUN!
Posted by: PhoenixAsh (---.msn.com)
Date: January 12, 2005 02:00AM

ah, did you just now get there?

"I count religion but a childish toy,
And hold there is no sin but ignorance."
Jew of Malta, prologue
Christopher Marlowe

Posted by: sharon (---.156.60.23.Dial1.Boston1.Level3.net)
Date: January 14, 2005 03:42AM

just finished up today with tissues in hand. well, actually, the book was in hand, I was in the car, searching for tissues as I read...found a sleeve instead, sorry.

time is immutable, yet for a 3 yr period there was this 'overlap' (dont want to give away the ending), whereas Dad never could remain long...even after dad settled things i nthe chronoguard, it seemed as though he wasn't able for reasons of continuity, or have I misunderstood. I was a bit baffled at this fairly constasnt presence for 3 yrs...

sharon

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: January 17, 2005 10:43PM

Sorry, I'm confused now...

PSD

==========

This is the work of an Italian narco-anarchic collective. Don't bother insulting them, they can't read English anyway.

Posted by: Loopy Lou (---.108.client.e-access.com.au)
Date: January 18, 2005 12:57AM

Me too.

***SPOILER WARNING***

Ohh, I kinda get it now. by 'the gun' you mean the one which Thursday left for Thursday in the underworld, not the one the Minotaur shot Thursday with.

Sorry bit slow, only just got out of bed.

=)

Yes.... Uh, no.... Actually......I don't know.... Um, hang on.... What was the question again?

Date: January 18, 2005 02:53AM

I understood that bit without difficulty, it was

"time is immutable, yet for a 3 yr period there was this 'overlap' (dont want to give away the ending), whereas Dad never could remain long...even after dad settled things i nthe chronoguard, it seemed as though he wasn't able for reasons of continuity, or have I misunderstood. I was a bit baffled at this fairly constasnt presence for 3 yrs..."

that needs translating into English... I think the problem is that my memory of the books is shot, and Sharon is trying very hard not to give spoilers. All very commendable (the spoilers, not my memory issues), but not helpful for closing the bloophole...

Overlap of which two characters? Granny Next and Thursday?

PSD

==========

This is the work of an Italian narco-anarchic collective. Don't bother insulting them, they can't read English anyway.

Posted by: sharon (---.156.63.128.Dial1.Boston1.Level3.net)
Date: January 18, 2005 06:17PM

PSD that is exactly what I was alluding to...I didnt want to give up anything if someoen hadn't finished the book

How is it that there was a 3 yr overlap in their lives, Granny and TN? Mucking with the time line and all, was it nepotism that allowed it to continue?

just wondering...it seems GN was pretty present for those 3 yrs, esp according to the nurses at the home...

Date: January 19, 2005 01:34AM

Well, Thursday has seen Thursday before, hasn't she? Seeing Granny Next isn't that much different. It's not like the world imploded that time - although the timeline likes to snap itself into the neat shape it prefers, there's nothing in the rules to say that the shape it prefers in this case is non-linear... I read it as trying to change the future was difficult, not just getting on with whatever crap happens.

If that makes sense?

PSD

==========

Posted by: Haylo (---.range81-158.btcentralplus.com)
Date: January 19, 2005 04:28PM

For around here, perfect sense.... :D

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.