New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

ThursdayNext :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
A discussion of all things Thursday !  
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Toast...
Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.rdg.ac.uk)
Date: January 21, 2003 03:33PM

<HTML>It was a name given to it by the English, who thougt themselves terribly superior. As jokes go, it's not really a corker..</HTML>

Posted by: Carla (198.179.227.---)
Date: January 21, 2003 03:51PM

<HTML>good, more people who like eating little bunny-wunnies.

some of my friends think i'm mad...</HTML>

Posted by: dave (---.addleshaw-booth.co.uk)
Date: January 21, 2003 04:23PM

<HTML>only had bunnies the once. Very nice they were too.</HTML>

Posted by: Carla (198.179.227.---)
Date: January 21, 2003 04:44PM

<HTML>when i go home I ask my mum to do bunny... bea doesn't like it... heehee</HTML>

Posted by: jon (---.abel.net.uk)
Date: January 21, 2003 04:47PM

<HTML>My late grandad used to make bunny stew with cloves. Very nice too, but my sister would only eat it if she was convinced it was chicken. To this day she is still unsure as to what she was eating.</HTML>

Posted by: All-American-Cutie (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: January 21, 2003 05:51PM

<HTML>I'm not usually squeamish, but I do draw the line at eating bunnies. I like the flavor and the texture's not bad, but I just can't get past the point of them being cute! It's a good thing chickens are ugly! Cows may be cute, but they're pretty dumb, so I don't mind eating them. In fact, I rather enjoy them. I lived on a farm for a huge part of my life, so I've eaten just about every kind of domestic farm animal. But give me a good Maine lobster, Alaskan King Crab and Nova Scotia scallops anyday! (unfortunately, I'm developing a nasty allergy to shellfish! dammit!)</HTML>

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: January 21, 2003 11:52PM

<HTML>It's breaking the cuffs to get the skin off that always gets me - they make such an awful snapping noise.</HTML>

Posted by: Sarah (---.vip.uk.com)
Date: January 22, 2003 01:39PM

<HTML>I don't eat meat. But I'll cook it for other people if that's what they want. As I think I may have mentioned before, I'm a vegetarian, not a vegetotalitarian.</HTML>

Re: Bunnies
Date: January 22, 2003 01:45PM

<HTML>>Cows may be cute, but they're pretty dumb, so I don't mind eating them.

Um, and rabbits are how intelligent? Anthropomorphic, that is. Like these dolphins that are getting caught up in tuna nets .... nobody seems to give a ---- for the poor old tuna, do they?</HTML>

Date: January 22, 2003 03:15PM

<HTML>I understand that squid are pretty bright, too.</HTML>

Date: January 22, 2003 03:24PM

<HTML>yeah ... the guy who can train cephalopoda to perform useful functions will be squids in.</HTML>

Date: January 22, 2003 03:30PM

<HTML>Twila - please may I borrow your macro?</HTML>

somebody stop me
Date: January 22, 2003 03:37PM

<HTML>If Wilfred eats too much, does he get squiddly?</HTML>

Re: somebody stop me
Date: January 22, 2003 04:57PM

<HTML>Wilfred is squiddly anyway. And if you really wish to be stopped, I'll send you Klinsmann, who can stop most things... lol</HTML>

Date: January 22, 2003 05:27PM

<HTML>>>Cows may be cute, but they're pretty dumb, so I don't mind eating them.

>Um, and rabbits are how intelligent?
1: You don't see a lot of rabbit road kill
2: Have you ever "tipped" a rabbit? I think not! (unless you were at the Playboy Club...and that's another story all around!)

Do Brits have Cow Tipping? If not, perhaps I should explain...
Bored country/redneck teenagers who have been imbibing copious amounts of @#$%& alcohol and even @#$%& beer stolen from their parents' cupboards drive their beat up Trans Ams to a remote field and sneak up on stupid cows (the ones who sleep while they stand), and push them over all while trying to avoid getting splatted with mud/dung/blood. This is very bad for the poor cow who can actually die if a rib punctures a lung or it gets so scared it has a heart attack. Although, it is rather fun.

see, a rabbit would NEVER let you do that!</HTML>

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: January 22, 2003 06:44PM

<HTML>Oh yeah?

1: Rabbit road kill is pretty common round my neck of the woods.

2: They might not let you tip them, but there's a way of hunting them that uses a pole to break their necks - because they try to hide by staying still, it's possible to sneak up behind them while a dog distracts them in front. It's a bit gross, and you're much closer to the thing than when you shoot them, so feel more awkward about it, but on the plus side it's a quicker death than a bad airrifle shot. And it's a lot more honest than buying animals ready killed, gutted and wrapped in plastic.

The other thing about cow tipping is that many breeds of cow cannot actually get up having fallen over sideways...

Squid are bloody clever - as clever as dogs, by all accounts. Occtopus species hold the non-mammal record though - they can learbn really quickly to open jars or do tricks...</HTML>

Date: January 22, 2003 07:18PM

<HTML>how could anyone do that to the Easter Bunny? [sniffle]</HTML>

Posted by: Carla (---.cableinet.co.uk)
Date: January 23, 2003 07:10AM

<HTML>yum.,.. bunny AND chocolate</HTML>

Posted by: Ooktavia (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: January 23, 2003 06:45PM

<HTML>Do I want to know how you know that about octopi? Who thought "Hey, let's see if Fred the squid can open this jar of marnite???"
Truly, the world is a strange place.</HTML>

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.rdg.ac.uk)
Date: January 24, 2003 10:43AM

<HTML>Standard intelligence test - basically, how advanced does a life form have to be before it can reach the catering standards of the average student?</HTML>

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.