New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
the matrix reloaded
Posted by: dave (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: May 26, 2003 11:18PM

saw it on saturday afternoon.

I want a ducati 996. in black. please.

Re: the matrix reloaded
Posted by: Skiffle (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: May 27, 2003 12:54AM

Saw the first one. Thought it was humourless, badly written and didn't make sense. Not bothering to see the others

Posted by: ScarletBea (194.196.168.---)
Date: May 27, 2003 08:06AM

I saw it on saturday too!

I LOVED the 1st one, and was a bit anxious about this one: I say 'yay' to it again :)

(although I would have reduced a bit the length of the fight scenes....)

I can't wait until November now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Guy (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: May 27, 2003 12:07PM

Haven't seen it yet, but I'm a big fan of the first one -- but I think the thing I liked best about it was the tension of working out what the heck was going on in the first half of the film, so I'm not sure I'll like the new one as much.

Will have to find out soon . . .

Jesus saves; Buddha does incremental backup.

Posted by: dave (---.addleshaw-booth.co.uk)
Date: May 27, 2003 12:14PM

oh, I think you'll like it... :-)

Posted by: Pilkijam (---.gsi.gov.uk)
Date: May 27, 2003 12:33PM

Saw Reloaded on Friday afternoon at a flea pit cinema near where I work - it's called the Odious or some such. First in line at the first showing too until someone was under the impression that the concept of waiting in line was a circular one and went in before me.

Not bad when all is said and done and expectations were met but the trinity/neo trist interspliced with the rave scene seemed disjointed and ruined the flow of the film for me. Still it was better than the last Star Trek film which I had the misfortune to witness - now there's two hours of my life I'll never see again!

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Posted by: Carla (198.179.227.---)
Date: May 27, 2003 01:31PM

i might see it if it's on the £3 cinema.
i thought the first one was overrated. i mean in the same week i saw matrix and eXistenZ and eXistenZ was pure genius while the Matrix is awful... just a popcorn sunday afternoon film and that is one of the worse things i can say about a film...

Date: May 27, 2003 03:35PM

depends what you're after in a film I guess. The whole hacker-geek/guns/scifi thing is just my beverage of choice.

Date: May 27, 2003 04:13PM

I guess. The whole hype just gets on my nerves, some people act like it's the second coming...

If people admit it's just a hacker-geek/guns/scifi thing fair enough
:-)

Date: May 27, 2003 11:30PM

I have absolutely no objection to hacker/guns/sci-fi stuff; I just like it to make sense. Neo is supposed to be a computer whizz and hacker, but in the first film, he had to have the concept of AI carefully explained to him.
(It was probably intended as an info-dump for the audience, but gosh, it was badly done. Why not have the hacker explain it to someone else ?)

Posted by: Sarah B (---.cable.ubr06.dudl.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: May 28, 2003 05:10PM

I still haven't seen the first one. Apparently that makes me look bad in the eyes if my 'friends'...

I wouldn't know. I wear glasses.

--------------

There's a hole in my creativity bucket and it's all leaked out.

Date: May 28, 2003 11:36PM

a lot of my friends think that if you have a DVD player, you must get a copy of 'The Matrix'; it seems to be an integral part of the package. Oddly enough, I have a DVD player and 40-50 DVDs. Not one of them is 'The Matrix'

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: May 28, 2003 11:41PM

My viewpoint is you should have at least one Python film, an Oliver Postgate series and one Dangermouse DVD... but then I'm me...

PSD

==========

This is the work of an Italian narco-anarchic collective. Don't bother insulting them, they can't read English anyway.

Date: May 29, 2003 12:40AM

I've got 'Monty Python and the Holy Grail' (with 'Knights of the round table' done in Lego !), a Kult Kidz DVD which features some Oliver Postgate and the first Dangermouse DVD.
Have you been peeking at my collection, PSD ?

Date: May 29, 2003 08:51AM

At the end of the day, it's just a film. If it's not your beverage of choice, then that's fine and dandy. Each to their own...

Date: May 29, 2003 08:53AM

I saw it yesterday and if i hadn't paid £3 to get in i'd have walked out.
it was awful, predictable, and it just went on forever...

sorry but i won't be paying to see the third, i might download it when it comes out...

Posted by: ScarletBea (194.196.168.---)
Date: May 29, 2003 02:20PM

*roll eyes*

Date: May 29, 2003 02:24PM

wouldn't that be naughty?

I saw copies of Matrix Reloaded on sale on dvd at a computer fair at the weekend for £6. Good quality copies too, judging by the one they were showing.

Date: May 29, 2003 02:50PM

naughty? moi?
we've been doing that a lot, saves a lot of money on cinema...
last one we saw was Secretary, but also Auto-focus, Phone Booth, Monstrers Inc, The pianist, and so on

Date: May 29, 2003 05:14PM

what was secretary like? Any good?

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.