New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: White Horse future outing?
Posted by: Skiffle (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: June 05, 2003 08:54PM

As my little hint doesn't seem to have been picked up earlier:

Rob, are you going to this event, and if so, can I have a lift (and poss. Sarah too ?). Pretty please ? See post way above for offers to pay share of petrol and navigate.

Posted by: Sarah (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: June 05, 2003 10:35PM

*nods vigorously*

Skiffle and I are quite insane, but pretty well-behaved. :-)

..........................................................................................

That which does not kill us makes us stranger.
(Llewelyn the dragon, Ozy and Millie)

Sarah

Posted by: Auntysassy (193.132.206.---)
Date: June 06, 2003 09:17AM

I was wondering who would bring this post back to its original subject - so we're on for the 13th? Show of hands please and also indicate picnic or pub?

Posted by: Rob (---.leeds.ac.uk)
Date: June 06, 2003 09:32AM

Sorry. I've been trying to find out if I will have access to a car that weekend. Currently my sister is unemployed and looking for a new job so has to whizz off to interviews (and hopefully work) at short notice. Hence I can't promise to be able to give you a lift. It's her car you see so I guess she has first dibs on it.

I will let you know if I find out anything definite but I doubt it.

Posted by: Andrea (---.range81-152.btcentralplus.com)
Date: June 06, 2003 10:05AM

if we aren't in whitby (and I'm a lot better there will be me, dell, rhys, roy and kaiser at a guess

I think kaiser is a mammoth in disguise, wait till he stands on you

---
Sylvester says.... *plock*

actually he says peep, cheep, chirrup, squalk,muttermuttergrumblegrumble, oh and now he falls off his pirch whish is followed by a sheepish peek round to see if anyone was looking and a quick scramble back up

Posted by: Simon (---.lancing.org.uk)
Date: June 06, 2003 10:08AM

I'm still OK for the 13th. No plans to bring either any off-fforum guests or any pets. Would prefer a picnic but am willing to go to a pub instead if that's what the majority wants.

"This was willed where what is willed... can get rather silly."

Post Edited (06-06-03 13:12)

Posted by: fuzz (---.cable.ubr05.na.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: June 06, 2003 10:16AM

I'm assuming we're still talking about 13th July, in which case *raises hand* Won't know until a week or two before whether I'll be able to get the car (sharing with two brothers, always fun)...

Posted by: belochka (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: June 06, 2003 11:59AM

13th is still good for me and I'd very much like to go to a pub.
I'll try and write a report back thing this Sunday on the Blowing Stone, that's if I can make any sense. Lunchtime drinking can make me go a bit wibble :)

Posted by: Sarah (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: June 06, 2003 01:43PM

Skiffle and I will confer on the subject of trains, then, and report back as soon as we're absolutely sure what we're doing. (I'll ring over the weekend, Skiffle.)

I'm more pub than picnic, mainly because I burn as soon as look at the sun, which is why I was hiding under the hat and long-sleeved jacket at Haworth and standing in the shade at every opportunity. It's a shame, because I prefer picnics really... oh well!

..........................................................................................

That which does not kill us makes us stranger.
(Llewelyn the dragon, Ozy and Millie)

Sarah

Posted by: Guy (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: June 06, 2003 03:30PM

I'll probably be able to make -- bit hard to tell this far in advance. I'll be coming by train, so any chance of a lift from Swindon or Oxford, anyone?

Jesus saves; Buddha does incremental backup.

Posted by: Auntysassy (193.132.206.---)
Date: June 06, 2003 03:57PM

I can fit 4 in my car - a citreon ZX - and as there will be me and Simon as a passenger, I can fit in another 2. Being seen in a ZX does not affect your street cred.

But then, I might have the Berlingo (the Dodo's car) which means I can fit in another 3. Being seen in a Berlingo may affect your street cred.

Need to speak to the Dodo............................

Posted by: Skiffle (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: June 08, 2003 12:21AM

Have decided I won't be going to Uffington. I mentioned to my friend, Gary, a few weeks ago, that a trip to Blackpool would be nice. When I saw him on Wednesday, he'd been checking out hotels and was thinking of a trip of at least two days, to do the Tower, circus and Pleasure Beach properly. I can't afford to go galivanting about to both Blackpool and Uffington, so have chosen Blackpool.

I'd love to meet more fforumites but there will be other opportunities, no doubt.

Posted by: belochka (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: June 08, 2003 08:13AM

Sorry you won't be able to make it this time Skiffle but I hope that you and your friend have a great time in Blackpool! Do they still have penny arcades? I used to love those:)

Having read the preliminary dates for Mr Ff's tour appearances, I realise it may be problematic for those who need to save their travel money to get to the venues. I guess we'll have to wait until the confirmed dates go up at the end of the week. I very much hope that a few of us can still get together :)

I'll still post a pub report anyway, thought it might be a good idea if I started a new thread for it.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.