New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: In Shops Now...
Posted by: MissPrint (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: July 04, 2003 04:12PM

Yay, I have it now, and at £8.99 from Waterstones.

I took a chair to a shady spot in the garden yesterday and settled down with WOLP, a G&T and a bottle of juice. Presently next door's children spilled out into the garden. Several requests to return balls over the fence later I informed them I'd come out to read, not to play. Youngest child asked what I was reading and I held up the book for him to try and read the title. It took him a while, not helped by the Waterstones sticker obscuring the title. They played noisily for a while and then youngest child asked if I was comfortable, I replied that I was, thank you, rather touched by his concern, then he asked if he could sit on me! I said no! Fortunately their father came round and took them out for a couple of hours and I got some quiet reading done. When they returned they played at Buffy the Vampire slayer and annoying me seemed to be part of the game. I said that I was going to be Willow, swotting at spell books, and would turn them into frogs if they interrupted me again. Finally finished WOLP after tea, but suffered so many interruptions that I can't remember half of it. I shall just have to read it again, but this time indoors, alone and with no interruptions. How likely is that now that the school holidays have started?

Posted by: dave (---.addleshaw-booth.co.uk)
Date: July 04, 2003 04:18PM

Eddie got very excited when he saw WOLP in Borders - of all the books on the (very large) display, that was the one that caught his eye. 'Car! Car!' he said...

I've tried getting him to say 'Jasper Fforde' but he's struggling a bit. I suspect the multitude of 'f's is causing the problem.

Posted by: Rob (---.leeds.ac.uk)
Date: July 04, 2003 04:36PM

Or more likely that he knows that a Ford is a type of car so just thinks his dad's being silly again...

Posted by: dave (---.addleshaw-booth.co.uk)
Date: July 04, 2003 04:43PM

you'd think he'd be used to that now.

He's gone down to his grandma and grandpa's for a week. I've not got enough holiday left to go with them until next thursday.

I miss him already.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.demon.co.uk)
Date: July 04, 2003 09:19PM

Hmm. I don't have the money to buy the book now, but that it probably a good thing, as otherwise I would be annoyed.

I have looked around quite a few bookshops and other things and have not found WOLP. Not only that, but, to be honest I'm having difficulty finding *any* Fforde books at all.

Of course, technically I don't know what category to look in, which can't help, but I think they are.. not easy to find. :|

Posted by: Kevin (---.tnt4.stewart3.il.da.uu.net)
Date: July 04, 2003 10:09PM

I just ordered the hardback copy of WOLP from Amazon.uk, since it won't be in any shops near me (USA) for a while.

It's supposed to arrive between the 11th and 14th, which works out fine, since that way I can re-read the first two novels and be better prepared for further exploits.

I can't wait to jump back in.

"I'd love to, but I have a million lonely ritualistic things I need to do." (BEK)

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.