New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: Help...
Posted by: KT (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: July 09, 2003 10:19AM

An "SEB" slot has just opened up in our company. Minimum entrance requirements are a long-haired cat and one black glove. (You must be prepared to make the coffee though.)

Posted by: kaz (139.134.58.---)
Date: July 09, 2003 01:03PM

Hey! The Bard himself was a Philosopher! As is ET, Tommy from Rugrats and Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes......

Posted by: ScarletBea (194.196.168.---)
Date: July 09, 2003 01:14PM

Apparently I'm a ISFJ -

Introverted (67%)
Sensing (33%)
Feeling (56%)
Judging (78%)

ISFJ- Protector

Posted by: Tracy (---.hyperion.com)
Date: July 09, 2003 02:01PM

Apparently I'm a ISFJ, a Protector Guardian

Introverted 11%
Sensing 33%
Feeling 22%
Judging 56%

Other Protector Guardians:

Jimmy Stewart
Mother Teresa
Louisa May Alcott
Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Queen Elizabeth II of England
Robert E. Lee
Queen Mary I ("Bloody Mary") of England

Fictional:
Bianca in Taming of the Shrew
David Copperfield
Hero in Much Ado About Nothing
Melanie in Gone With The Wind
Ophelia in Hamlet
Dr. John H. Watson, M.D. (Sherlock Holmes' faithful sidekick)
U.S. Presidents:

William Howard Taft
Kristi Yamaguchi, US Olympic figure skater

Posted by: KT (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: July 09, 2003 02:21PM

INFJ - Foreseer

Introverted 78%

ME!????

Just because I don't like other people! Apparently my ideal job is Lighthouse Keeper... actually, that sounds pretty good. Does anybody know where there is a Lighthouse that needs keeping?

Posted by: Magda (---.med.umich.edu)
Date: July 09, 2003 02:33PM

What's interesting is that I would have guessed I'd come out as sensing rather than intuitive, but on most tests I'm near the line, but definitely on the intuitive side. After thinking about it, I realized that I often do see through phonies when people around me are fooled, and I'm good at seeing when two people are failing to communicate with each other, and stepping in to translate. As it turns out, the INTJ description fits me far better than ISTJ, although I do have some ISTJ traits as well.

--------------
"I've often said that the difference between British and American SF TV series is that the British ones have three-dimensional characters and cardboard spaceships, while the Americans do it the other way around."
--Ross Smith

Posted by: Sarah B (---.cable.ubr06.dudl.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: July 09, 2003 10:31PM

I must come back to this when I have more time - on the short version I'm a promoter.

Of what, exactly?

--------------

There's a hole in my creativity bucket and it's all leaked out.

Posted by: Skiffle (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: July 09, 2003 11:39PM

In the short version, I'm an Inventor - of good reasons not to have a proper job perhaps ! Of course, if you count daydreaming and writing stories, then it's spot on :)

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: July 09, 2003 11:45PM

Hmm, I'm an inventor - ENTP.

Seems to sound quite accurate -

"ENTPs tend to be oblivious of the rest of humanity, except as an audience -- good, bad, or potential" and "Question authority! (then do exactly what it tells you)"

I'm really proud of the fictional counterpart (see if you can spot the resemblance - I can)

Wile E. Coyote

But of course...

PSD

==========

This is the work of an Italian narco-anarchic collective. Don't bother insulting them, they can't read English anyway.

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: July 09, 2003 11:55PM

Intrigue wrote "I guess that shows why... you run WN, AAC"

It does - and more revealing for those who recall my doomed attempts to do anything with it first - one summary of my type says "Following through on the implementation of an idea is usually a chore to the ENTP"

No s***, Sherlock.

Post Edited (07-10-03 00:55)

PSD

==========

This is the work of an Italian narco-anarchic collective. Don't bother insulting them, they can't read English anyway.

Posted by: Magda (---.dialip.mich.net)
Date: July 10, 2003 03:47AM

And here is why I came up with an efficient way to compile accurate and complete Fforum statistics (at least for those with profiles):

INTJs are perfectionists, with a seemingly endless capacity for improving upon anything that takes their interest. What prevents them from becoming chronically bogged down in this pursuit of perfection is the pragmatism so characteristic of the type: INTJs apply (often ruthlessly) the criterion "Does it work?" to everything from their own research efforts to the prevailing social norms. This in turn produces an unusual independence of mind, freeing the INTJ from the constraints of authority, convention, or sentiment for its own sake.

Posted by: kaz (139.134.57.---)
Date: July 10, 2003 04:13AM

PSD = Wile E. Coyote.

Yes! I knew it! I can just see you as you slowly disappear form sight over on of those intensly high cliffs with your impressive looking but ultimately useless Acme equipment.

Ahhh, life is good.

Posted by: dante (---.internal.omneuk.com)
Date: July 10, 2003 05:20PM

I'm an INFP. Like Shakespeare! Yay!

This is me: INFPs never seem to lose their sense of wonder. One might say they see life through rose-colored glasses. It's as though they live at the edge of a looking-glass world where mundane objects come to life, where flora and fauna take on near-human qualitie s.

:--

Do something pretty while you can...

Posted by: Ptolemy (---.range217-44.btcentralplus.com)
Date: July 10, 2003 05:56PM

I'm a INFJ Councellor (apparently!)

LOL there's quite a few familiar traits in the descriptions actually (especially the bit about them being a mystery even to themselves!)

seriously though.... this is kinda scary actually. Has me down to a "t".

Hmmm...

"The small number of this type (little more than 2 percent) is regrettable, since Counselors have an unusually strong desire to contribute to the welfare of others and genuinely enjoy helping their companions. Although Counsleors tend to be private, sensitive people, and are not generally visible leaders, they nevertheless work quite intensely with those close to them, quietly exerting their influence behind the scenes with their families, friends, and colleagues. This type has great depth of personality; they are themselves complicated, and can understand and deal with complex issues and people."

"Counselors can be hard to get to know. They have an unusually rich inner life, but they are reserved and tend not to share their reactions except with those they trust. With their loved ones, certainly, Counselors are not reluctant to express their feelings, their face lighting up with the positive emotions, but darkening like a thunderhead with the negative. Indeed, because of their strong ability to take into themselves the feelings of others, Counselors can be hurt rather easily by those around them, which, perhaps, is one reason why they tend to be private people, mutely withdrawing from human contact. At the same time, friends who have known an Counselor for years may find sides emerging which come as a surprise. Not that they are inconsistent; Counselors value their integrity a great deal, but they have intricately woven, mysterious personalities which sometimes puzzle even them.

"Counselors have strong empathic abilities and can become aware of another's emotions or intentions -- good or evil -- even before that person is conscious of them. This "mind-reading" can take the form of feeling the hidden distress or illnesses of others to an extent which is difficult for other types to comprehend. Even Counselors can seldom tell how they came to penetrate others' feelings so keenly. Furthermore, the Counselor is most likely of all the types to demonstrate an ability to understand psychic phenomena and to have visions of human events, past, present, or future. What is known as ESP may well be exceptional intuitive ability-in both its forms, projection and introjection. Such supernormal intuition is found frequently in the Counselor, and can extend to people, things, and often events, taking the form of visions, episodes of foreknowledge, premonitions, auditory and visual images of things to come, as well as uncanny communications with certain individuals at a distance. "

Posted by: Sarah (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: July 10, 2003 06:53PM

I came out as INFJ too. I had a feeling I might!

..........................................................................................

That which does not kill us makes us stranger.
(Llewelyn the dragon, Ozy and Millie)

Sarah

Date: July 10, 2003 06:58PM

Oh dear, I seem to be following you around Sarah! Sorry!

:)

Date: July 10, 2003 07:02PM

That's all right! Are you sure we weren't separated at birth? ;-)

..........................................................................................

Sarah

Posted by: Magda (---.dialip.mich.net)
Date: July 10, 2003 07:19PM

My best friend is an INFJ too.

I've discovered that among my personal friends I tend to have a high percentage of people with uncommon personality types. I suspect that may be true for Fforumites too, since in both groups I think they, as a whole, have a higher than average intelligence, and tend to be a bit odd.

Date: July 10, 2003 07:47PM

Well I did say a few days ago I thought I'd ffit (sic) right in here, but nevertheless I'm still slightly stunned (look: ob ob - fish impressions already!)

Hey Sarah, d'you know any more of these questionnaire things we can go off and do, just for the hell of it? I'm intrigued now! Dunno about us being separated at birth, but there's certainly something very odd going on (yay!)

Date: July 10, 2003 07:57PM

If I find any good ones, I'll post them here. They frequently turn up on my blog site, along with rather less serious things such as the Food-Eating Battle Monkeys.

I was going to say my friends list on the blog site is almost as good as the Fforum, but, hang on, half of them _are_ the Fforum, so it's hardly surprising!

Sarah

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.