New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: Help...
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: July 10, 2003 08:39PM

Sounds boring but ---

Find a large company with a varied field of activities and a good record for training graduate + intake. Pose as 'seeking new challenge'. Let them get excited about your capabilities and find out what you are good at for you. Get trained in something you never thought of at their expense. Leave and set up a consultancy if you're on the make.

What was that PhD all about, by the way? I skilfully avoided two offers to go into industry and never regretted it, but would love to hear.

Pass that duck, I want to remove my toenails.

Re: Help...
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.sttl.uswest.net)
Date: July 12, 2003 10:32PM

Well, I'm confused. I came up INTJ in the very basic choices (though apart from knowing I am an introvert all the other choices were nearly impossible), but just did that 72-question thingy to sort myself out and (after more dithering) came up ISTJ--but the personality description really doesn't fit me at well as INTJ does. (At the same time, I am a lousy strategist; never could play chess worth a damn, and when I write I have to plan my stories with charts and things so I don't forget where I'm going. Of course, I can also write with no outline at all, but then I have little idea what might happen. I seem to have a defect somewhere in my sequential memory.) Go figure.

humilitas

"How fleeting are all human passions compared to the massive continuity of ducks."
--Lord Peter Wimsey

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.