New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5
Re: Play-dough, chocolate, &c
Posted by: dave (---.addleshaw-booth.co.uk)
Date: July 28, 2003 04:56PM

toasted banana sandwiches. yum.

Posted by: Tracy (---.hyperion.com)
Date: July 28, 2003 04:59PM

toasted tomato and basil sandwiches....

Posted by: Sarah (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: July 28, 2003 08:56PM

Peanut butter and black pepper sounds OK as long as you a) use wholemeal bread, b) limit the peanut butter to as thin a layer as you can manage, and c) add finely chopped celery. If I tried it using white bread, I suspect that my teeth would stick together and I would sound pretty much splmghf bnghplmp shrmzz.

..........................................................................................

That which does not kill us makes us stranger.
(Llewelyn the dragon, Ozy and Millie)

Sarah

Posted by: Ptolemy (---.range81-152.btcentralplus.com)
Date: July 28, 2003 09:03PM

Sarah my sweet, much as I hate to do this normally I feel I ought to point out for the benefit of others that there was a typo in your message - one which changed the meaning completely (otherwise like I said I would've let it ride)

"splmghf bnghplmp shrmzz" should have read "splmghf bngaplmp shrmzz"

Sorry... I didn't want you to go making a fool of yourself or anything though.

Thanks, P.

Posted by: Nicky (206.166.29.---)
Date: July 28, 2003 09:05PM

I'll almost eat anything with black pepper (or tabasco sauce), but not peanut butter. I have my limits! Peanut butter and cheese is pretty good, though. No wait *struggles to remember* that was jam and cheese. Forget I mentioned it.

Date: July 28, 2003 09:11PM

Ptolemy... you are one of a kind. ;-)

..........................................................................................

Sarah

Date: July 28, 2003 09:15PM

Thanks, honey! But I can't be because there are two of us! ;-)

Hey did anything ever come of Simon's experiment involving peanut butter and a bottle of Lea & Perrins (mentioned up there)? I liked the sound of that, but thought I'd let him try first incase it exploded or something...

Posted by: Holly Daze (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: July 28, 2003 09:21PM

Right back at the beginning of the original 'Peanut bloody butter' thread PSD says <I mean, what discussions did they have with the focus groups to produce that texture and colour?>

ermm..........! What did you have in mind.

Date: July 28, 2003 09:28PM

I can't see that the focus groups had any choice! PSD must've been getting his threads muddled - either that or he really DOES believe peanuts come covered in multi-coloured chocolate candy in their natural state.

Just for the record, raw peanuts (or even dry-roasted for that matter) are small and, erm, the colour of baby vomit. M&M's are slightly larger and either green,orange,yellow,red - or, somewhat more controversially, blue....

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: July 28, 2003 10:36PM

Hang on - How on earth could I get my threads muddled - I said that in the first bloody post!

PSD

==========

This is the work of an Italian narco-anarchic collective. Don't bother insulting them, they can't read English anyway.

Posted by: kaz (144.139.77.---)
Date: July 28, 2003 11:01PM

PSD, you ARE muddled. Accept it. Move on.

Date: July 28, 2003 11:06PM

Hear, hear, Kaz. Or was it here, here?

Posted by: Skiffle (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: July 29, 2003 01:26AM

There ! There ! Quick, duck everybody !

<Dives under bed and inadvertantly squashes sleeping cat who was hoping not to be noticed at chucking out time.>

Posted by: Simon (---.westsussex.gov.uk)
Date: July 29, 2003 03:28PM

Sarah _ Wholemeal bread, OK. Celery, whether finely chopped or not, not OK. Small pieces of Spring Onion, maybe? Watercress?

Ptolemy _ Not yet. I bought a bar of plain chocolate on the way home, ate that, and decided against having any sandwiches as well. Maybe I'll try that recipe THIS evening instead...

Warning! Product may contain Newts!

Date: July 29, 2003 06:11PM

Spring onion... yes, that would work. It would give it a slightly Oriental feel. Why not go the whole hog and throw in a few beansprouts?

Sarah

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: July 29, 2003 06:27PM

actually peanut butter and Worchestershire sauce is a relatively "normal flavor" if you think of it from the Thai palate. It's very similar to peanutbutter and soy with a little fish sauce mixed in. And that's a pretty common type of dipping sauce. So I estimate that just using PB and Worchestershire sauce would be pretty good.

so says the domestic goddess :)

Posted by: Simon (---.westsussex.gov.uk)
Date: July 29, 2003 06:49PM

Bean sprouts? H'mm. Maybe, but they tend to be sold (at least locally) only in larger quantities than I'd be likely to use before they went off, so as I dislike wastefulness I rarely buy them: If I do get some then I might try that recipe....

Warning! Product may contain Newts!

Date: July 29, 2003 07:48PM

You could always put the rest in a salad. I don't like lettuce unless it is extremely fresh, so my idea of a salad is a bit unconventional; beansprouts generally get a look in, though.

If I ever serve salad to you, though, I shall remember to omit one of my other staple ingredients... celery!

Sarah

Date: July 29, 2003 11:20PM

Wait a minute...this thread was dedicated to chocolate! No healthy salads allowed. I mean that. KEEP OUT!

Posted by: kaz (144.139.77.---)
Date: July 30, 2003 12:57AM

What about a chocolate salad. Pieces of dark, milk and white chocolate served on a chocolate leaf. How's that?

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.