New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Summer in the City
Posted by: kaz (139.134.57.---)
Date: August 07, 2003 02:40AM

Ahhh. I see. Changing medication can make a person act out of character. In that case, I forgive you, Ptolly-babes.

Posted by: Intrigue (---.xavier.vic.edu.au)
Date: August 07, 2003 03:33AM

Ptolly, why not edit your post in an attempt to send Kaz into a spiral of

---
Those who forget the pasta are doomed to reheat it.

Posted by: kaz (144.139.78.---)
Date: August 07, 2003 08:54AM

confusion? Too late, Intrigue. I was BORN confused.

(Now THERE's fodder for PSD's insult cannon)

Posted by: Ptolemy (217.205.174.---)
Date: August 07, 2003 09:05AM

You were BORN?!?!

sorry, couldn't resist that

Posted by: Sarah (on holiday) (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: August 07, 2003 10:51AM

I attribute Ptolemy's uncharacteristic behaviour to marshmallow deprivation. You notice he asked for one a long way back up the thread, and nobody provided one.

Here you are, then, Ptolly. One bag of virtual marshmallows. Don't eat them all at once, make sure you save some for Nelson, and be good! :-)

Posted by: Ptolemy (217.205.174.---)
Date: August 07, 2003 11:55AM

Thanks, Sarah! >MWAH!<

I was beginning to wonder [lonely as a cloud] whether my cries would be heard - happy now!

I'm saving all the pink ones for Nelson you'll be pleased to hear - he deserves a treat after hurting himself whilst skateboarding yesterday. I did try to explain it meant something other than what he thought, but you know how literal he can be sometimes - as soon as I turned my back he was off down the aquarium, slipping into his flippers and trunks and trying to board a skate as it swam past. D'oh! Needles to sew, he nearly drowned (poor thing). I think the experience injured his pride more than it hurt him but I promised him a treat all the same so the marshmallows couldn't've been better received. Thankyou!

Posted by: Sarah (on holiday) (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: August 08, 2003 10:14AM

Silly Nelson! He sounds nearly as confused as Wilfred. Are you quite sure he doesn't drink? ;-)

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.