New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Thursday Next Competition: win a signed copy of the millionth Jasper Ffforde book printed
Posted by: Bonzai Kitten (---.static.dsl.dodo.com.au)
Date: June 18, 2007 12:36PM

No, but June might be ;)

Re: Thursday Next Competition: win a signed copy of the millionth Jasper Ffforde book printed
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.bethere.co.uk)
Date: June 20, 2007 12:36AM

Bonzai, so what now think you of June? She is a winsome one I wager.

I think she is eager sweet to please, which is not the most bad of thing.

I wonder if she has been to you so kind as she has to me?

YG

Niebla

Date: June 20, 2007 12:59PM

Hmm. I wasn't very kind to her- I have this awful habit of getting angry and taking it out on people who have nothing to do with it. Reminds me of someone in a book, can't for the life ofme figure out who ;)

I imagine you got a much warmer response :)

Posted by: picard1109 (---.glfd.cable.ntl.com)
Date: June 20, 2007 08:45PM

Am I the only person who thinks that June is actually Jasper's alter ego?!

BTW...anyone know where the pie's at?

Posted by: nemades (---.dsl.in-addr.zen.co.uk)
Date: June 20, 2007 08:58PM

I can never remember if it is sweet to the left and savory to the right but which ever, I believe Skids usually has the Tree House nicely stocked up with pies, some peeps often offer other delicasies, I my self can offer scrumptious chocolate cake and irn bru!

Date: June 21, 2007 12:47PM

Um. I can only remember which way to pass tha port...

Posted by: SingingHels (---.demon.co.uk)
Date: June 21, 2007 03:08PM

It's good to see that the Outland job exchange is in full swing anyway. But does working at Hodder trump beating speed records or staring at rotting wedding cake?

Date: June 21, 2007 11:57PM

I worked in a couple of publishing houses when I was too stupid to know better.

Staring at rotting wedding cake would have been a step up.

Posted by: Sarah B (213.48.73.---)
Date: June 22, 2007 07:57PM

*takes some pie*

Seems odd for Hodder to mess up so. So maybe they didn't?

*sees conspiracy everywhere* ;)

--------------

There's a hole in my creativity bucket and it's all leaked out.

Date: June 23, 2007 07:25PM

K, for anyone with any doubts that this is JFf taking the Michael, read the latest June Haversham blog:

[junehaversham.wordpress.com]

Posted by: nemades (---.dsl.in-addr.zen.co.uk)
Date: June 23, 2007 09:36PM

tee hee, that was funny! I enjoyed reading that :)

Posted by: MartinB (155.232.128.---)
Date: June 24, 2007 10:21AM

0_o

That is all....

- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

Posted by: SkidMarks (---.manc.cable.ntl.com)
Date: June 25, 2007 01:11PM

BK the correct way to pass the port is to me..........unless you are in a small boat and the port is Rotterdam in which case the correct way is cautiously.

Date: June 26, 2007 08:39PM

The June Haversham saga continues...

Read the latest blog entry - Foyles are apparently in on the act now!

Posted by: PrinzHilde (---.dip0.t-ipconnect.de)
Date: July 04, 2007 12:38PM

And why do I get the impression that you are also in on it, picard1109?

<let the good conspiracies roll!>

Posted by: Bonzai Kitten (149.135.106.---)
Date: July 04, 2007 01:42PM

Because Picard was Borg?

(Report to the cube for assimilation)

Posted by: picard1109 (---.lambeth.gov.uk)
Date: July 04, 2007 03:03PM

Oy! I strongly resemble those remarks!

I'm not in on it but I am playing along with the fun. It's all wonderfully bizarre. Resistance is futile...oops! Old habits die hard.

I just got an email from Jasper with an invitation to Swindon - with the wrong book title again. Honestly, you'd think the bloke would know what he's called his own book!!! There was also a grammatical error on the invitation, so obviously no proofreader was used. Makes me suspicious: it could be the work of the imposter, Ffforde...

<puts feet on desk; has large piece of cherry pie in one hand and large glass of whiskey and American dry ginger in the other; contacts the Borg collective to catch up on gossip>

Posted by: Bonzai Kitten (149.135.106.---)
Date: July 04, 2007 03:24PM

*grin*

I believe you. Thousands wouldn't :P

Nah, you post far too regularly to be Jasper. He should be writing the next book!

(note subtle hint in that one)

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.tcl113.dsl.pol.co.uk)
Date: July 09, 2007 03:33PM

Now that the competition is over, can someone please put me out of my misery and tell me the name of Landen's brother?? I ended up guessing that one and made a pun similar to that of the rest of his family.

Posted by: Bonzai Kitten (149.135.107.---)
Date: July 09, 2007 04:13PM

Landen actually has a brother?
I thought it was just a joke for the competition!

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.