New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Thursday Next Competition: win a signed copy of the millionth Jasper Ffforde book printed
Posted by: picard1109 (---.glfd.cable.ntl.com)
Date: July 09, 2007 09:39PM

I was absolutely, totally convinced that Niebla was Jasper. Doh! and double doh!

Not Jasper but a very nice bloke all the same.

So, Niebla: are there prizes or was the competition part of the joke?

Re: Thursday Next Competition: win a signed copy of the millionth Jasper Ffforde book printed
Posted by: Anonymous User (78.86.7.---)
Date: July 09, 2007 10:03PM

If Niebla were here
(Although Niebla is not)
He would gladly confirm
To you little lot
That there will be a prize
For this dainty quiz
Just as soon as it's known
Who the fair winner is.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.lns2-c11.dsl.pol.co.uk)
Date: July 13, 2007 02:30PM

Hehe!

Anyone had an email yet?? I had one from June on Monday saying that winners would be informed by the end of this week.

Posted by: HouseInTheWoods (81.102.13.---)
Date: July 13, 2007 04:54PM

I have to wait until evening to check my personal e-mails because the stoopid firewall at work claims that my webmail provider is an occult site...

Posted by: SkidMarks (---.manc.cable.ntl.com)
Date: July 13, 2007 06:14PM

If you use hotmail then they are probably correct

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

My computer beat me at chess, but I won at kickboxing

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.lns2-c11.dsl.pol.co.uk)
Date: July 16, 2007 01:34PM

Still nothing here, either. Methinks Jasper wants to read all the Scribblers before prizes are allocated.

Posted by: Bonzai Kitten (58.163.130.---)
Date: July 16, 2007 03:23PM

Or possibly the winners *were* notified and then someone... saw to it that they didn't gloat.

Posted by: MartinB (---.cache.isnet.net)
Date: July 18, 2007 07:02PM

Heheh.

Could be....

- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

Posted by: area (---.colc.cable.ntl.com)
Date: July 21, 2007 10:10AM

The website has been updated with answers and winners, and according to it I won the Ffordian Book Quiz outright (which is fortunate, as my Scribbler tiebreaker wasn't really up to scratch). I'm yet to receive confirmation of this lovely result in my inbox though...

Posted by: SkidMarks (---.manc.cable.ntl.com)
Date: July 21, 2007 12:25PM

welcome to the madhouse, area. Have some pie.

Posted by: Bonzai Kitten (149.135.106.---)
Date: July 22, 2007 07:56AM

Congrats and welcome! Avoid the pie if you can, otherwise I'll lend you a towel to get the worst off you afterward.

Date: July 22, 2007 03:50PM

Hi Area - well done that earthling!

Can you point me to the web page? Can't find it.

Posted by: Cacullus (---.scansafe.net)
Date: July 23, 2007 02:00PM

Aargh!!

I've just gone to the results page, only to discover that I missed getting 21/21 on the Nextian quiz by misinterpreting what 'highest' meant in Question 1!!

I answered the Entertainments Facilities Department, because it had the highest number... Such a stupid mistake. Eheu

I shall be kicking myself for weeks.

Alas, alack, or to quote Dastardly, drat, drat and double drat!

Posted by: Bonzai Kitten (58.163.132.---)
Date: July 24, 2007 05:47AM

Dont worry, I think I only got three questions right!

Luckily, someone liked my scribbler :)

Date: July 24, 2007 09:45PM

Uh...guys....

Can someone give me a link to the web page? Someone? Anyone?

Posted by: Bonzai Kitten (58.163.132.---)
Date: July 25, 2007 07:54AM

It's in the first post in this thread.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.