New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Dodos rule
Posted by: Bonzai Kitten (58.163.129.---)
Date: August 29, 2007 08:46AM

Try using Adobe AfterEffects. Tis a good one.

Why is it that blondish girls are supposed to drink fluoro coloured chemical drinks?
Easy, because they can get away with it, and don't have to be ashamed that they like them (and they really can be gorgeous!). It's also a cuteness thing.

Posted by: BibwitHart (---.vicdir.schools.net.au)
Date: August 30, 2007 06:09AM

Aww thanks!
Maybe when I get a bit better, I'll show some animations! I need to get better- at the moment the old texta Henry's Cat cartoons look like the latest crash hot CGI by PIXAR!
Thanks for your suggestion of adobe AfterEffects, is that a separate application?
I either do my frames in Photoshop or draw by hand first and then put into photoshop (they are just basic quicktime animations as I don't have Flash on my computer. Pretty basic! It is funny attaching sound to them!
I taught my little sister how to make animations using quicktime. Her first was of a cat who jumps at a bird sitting on a wall, the cat hits it's head on the wall... her current one is of a guy being hit in the groin by a ball ^_^
Mine are of running birds, I want to do a dodo animation ^_^ yay, I'd love to do a claymation dodo- that is high on my list of things to do after I finish this year!

Posted by: Bonzai Kitten (58.163.130.---)
Date: August 30, 2007 08:19AM

heehee, sophisicated sense of humour there ;)

After effects is good for doing things like adding matt paintings in the background of film etc. Good fun it is! It's a big programme though.

Date: August 31, 2007 02:16AM

If you have a mac version.................
^_^
I've nothing against Henry's Cat, We have all of them on DVD (I used to listen to them on casette- didn't know they were cartoons til I was about 13. In some ways they work better as audio only!

Date: September 10, 2007 02:10AM

Jasper's Dodo Page is up!

Posted by: bunyip (---.as1.adl6.internode.on.net)
Date: September 15, 2007 11:52AM

Read about crotchetty dodos.

Has anyone engineered one from Battenberg cake?

I think that is what I shall ask for my birthday - a dodo shaped Battenberg Cake.

I believe that the back room thinkers in the CSIRO dirty tricks department is looking into engineering a dodo out of emu and bustard components, along with a small dose of XXXX and a Melbourne meat pie. the average Australian meat pie has all the elements klnown to modern man plus a few that are out of a Bosch nightmare. Good with tomato sauce though.

Posted by: BibwitHart (---.rivernet.com.au)
Date: September 16, 2007 02:34AM

I watch people eat those pies from a careful distance! I'd not be surprised if someone called Dibbler made the first Aussie meat pie...

Yay you know Bosch! I like his painting ^_^

That would make the coolest cake! Jasper would love to have a photo of it when you get it! My mum used to make us elaborate decorative birthday cakes- everything from a Jurassic park cake to a merri-go-round and rock pools.

They should use some strands of Chinese Silky Chickens to keep the size down... Go well with emu dna

Date: September 16, 2007 01:59PM

OC not

Don't keep writing Massachusetts. just write 'tobacco' cos we know maasa chews it.

<exit stage left with head hung in shame. Will not be able to face chocolate for extended period of maybe 30 minutes.>

BibwitHart: if you avoid meat pies then the corollary is that you eat Chico rolls.

Now we are into Bosch nightmare territory !!!!

I am reading Science of the Discworld 3 and have just got to that bit where they are discussing filaments and evolution. Not finished yet but will take into consideration for request for birthday cake. Perhaps I can get Battenberg cake that will re grow - a la The Magic Pudding.

Date: September 17, 2007 05:59AM

I'm a vegie! Always avoid meat pies! food should walk, fly, crawl or swim in anyway. the only food I eat that moves on it's own are A food that has been juggled with, , B food that that has been placed on a small incline and rolls, and c may have been fermented.

Carlton VB definitely is not included in C, A or B

Date: September 18, 2007 01:54PM

What, pray tell, is a Chico roll other than a vegetarian surprise?

VB is not included with the list of things carried on the ark so must conclude is work of Santa, sorry, Satan.

Probably downstream by about three stages from canteen.

What about 'runner beans'?

Posted by: BibwitHart (---.its.monash.edu.au)
Date: September 19, 2007 03:51AM

What about em?
They are fast.

Mmmm. I'm afraid I can't answer your question about chico rolls. I confess I do not know what they are! (I've never been a take away food person, avoid that stuff like the plague). Yes, I am one of those healthy vegie people! Home made food (dolmades and everything).
^_^

Date: September 19, 2007 01:01PM

That was brave!

Fancy claiming not to know what a chiko roll is in the current Australian government inspired paranoia about border security. Which I thought was incontinence pants for a former cricket captain.

Fortunately the meagre minds of the thought police of Howardliberalland will never find out from these pages for they are unable to proceed with free thinking as is required by all the very intelligent, good looking, savoir faire blessed persons who communicate via these pages.

Date: September 19, 2007 01:05PM

How did you know what I look like? are you spying on me?....

Posted by: Bonzai Kitten (149.135.105.---)
Date: September 24, 2007 01:38PM

Chico rolls are made of lefty-art students minced up with cabbage and deep-fried in kitten and puppy-dog tears.

Posted by: OC Not (---.socal.res.rr.com)
Date: September 25, 2007 02:46AM

Ha! I am good looking, intelligent, and I got savoir faire.

Chico rolls? Cane toads? Floating pie?

Oz est odd.

Posted by: Shakespeare (---.socal.res.rr.com)
Date: September 26, 2007 04:39AM

sic

Posted by: Shakespeare (---.socal.res.rr.com)
Date: September 26, 2007 04:53AM

sic

Date: September 26, 2007 12:24PM

BK- I take it you don't like chico rolls then ^_^

Date: September 28, 2007 08:18AM

A chiko roll is a cultural icon.

The way we used to test Ozzies for homesickness when I lived in England was to say : 'Chiko roll; vegemite; Rosella tomato sauce'.

The reactions of the test subject indicated if they had been away for too long or not. When you got Sydneyites admitting that they could watch Aussie rules or eat a Balfours pie you kenw it was time for them to be repatriated.

Now you can get Vegemite all over the place, and the Rosella tomnato sauce is not the same, AWfully Fatous Lot football has swamped the land, and Balfour's has gone broke and is not the same company.

Sic transit Gloria.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

A picture is worth a thousand words. A chocolate is worth a thousand pictures.

Date: September 28, 2007 08:24AM

What I really came to this thread for is to ask a question:

What is the accepted, and acceptable, representation of a dodo?

Do we use Sir John Tennial's image from the original Alice or is there a more up-to-date image that has acceptance?

Answers in simple words with cake, black coffee (2 sugars) and after dinner mints would be appreciated.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

A picture is worth a thousand words. A chocolate is worth a thousand pictures.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.