New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Ahhhh!!! Fforde's next book delayed until 2009!
Posted by: MuseSusan (---.union.edu)
Date: February 02, 2008 06:41PM

Since nobody's brought it up yet, I figured I'd better mention this: Jasper's next book will be delayed a year and released in 2009.

Apparently he has this crazy idea that a new baby might take up all his time, and also that another year might make Shades of Grey even better.

Okay, in all seriousness, I'm okay with this. He's managed to make some pretty darn excellent books at a rate of one per year, but I'm all for taking more time to ensure that he doesn't get himself into a rut or rush things too much. And besides, he and Mari will be pretty busy for a while and I wish them the best of luck!

It will be a long wait until July 2009, but it will be all the sweeter when it comes.

Re: Ahhhh!!! Fforde's next book delayed until 2009!
Posted by: BibwitHart (---.VIC.netspace.net.au)
Date: February 03, 2008 07:16AM

Maybe it'll be early next year? Or will the world end if it isn't released on a July date

Posted by: Bonzai Kitten (149.135.106.---)
Date: February 03, 2008 02:09PM

That would be up to the publisher I think. Still, it'll give me some time to catch up on my Rankin. I'm about only about 40 books behind!

Date: February 04, 2008 02:01AM

I'm not sure I can manage that many of those! Some are a little full on ^_^

Posted by: Planet Cool (---.elp.res.rr.com)
Date: February 16, 2008 12:39AM

This doesn't bother me as much, as I still need to finish "First Among Sequels" and have the entire "Nursery Crime" series to read. By the time I'm done, I can get crackin' on "Shades of Grey" (...but isn't there another book called SOG? About the American civil war? Because I think someone made me read it at school once. It was a nightmare of boredom, by the way. Maybe Jasper will change the title by then)

Posted by: EgonSpengler (---.sns.nottingham.ac.uk)
Date: March 04, 2008 04:43PM

It rather begs the question of what new books we will read in the meantime. Any one have any ideas? I can think of lots of old books to read for the first time, but is there anything new to fill the void?

Date: March 05, 2008 06:52AM

Perhaps John Crowley's Little, Big. I'm still not sure about that one!

Posted by: CannibalRabbit (---.VIC.netspace.net.au)
Date: March 05, 2008 11:59AM

How about Neil Gaiman, there are free, authorised, pdf versions available of some of them. They may not be "new", but at that price worth a look.

Posted by: EgonSpengler (---.nottingham.ac.uk)
Date: March 05, 2008 12:30PM

Really? Why are they free? I sense intrigue...

Date: March 06, 2008 07:54AM

Must read the Anansi Boys..

Posted by: CannibalRabbit (---.VIC.netspace.net.au)
Date: March 06, 2008 10:30AM

Neil seems like one of those open source sort of guys, like Cory Doctorow (son of ee) over at boingboing.net. Link to article here: [www.boingboing.net]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.