New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5
Re: UK Launch of The Well of Lost Plots
Posted by: Sarah (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: June 08, 2003 09:18PM

H'mm... I don't often get Schadenfreude, but if QPR went up at the expense of Wimbledon I shouldn't be entirely sorry, shall we say!

Sarah B - yes, PSD is quite random, but nevertheless the perfect gentleman (anyone willing to pull a large shopping trolley full of waterproofs over the cobbles of Haworth is an all-round good egg as far as I'm concerned). As for the hair colour... h'mm. Beetroot, I should say, with subtle undertones of blackberry and a hint of cyclamen. It actually quite suits him!

..........................................................................................

That which does not kill us makes us stranger.
(Llewelyn the dragon, Ozy and Millie)

Sarah

Posted by: Sarah B (---.cable.ubr06.dudl.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: June 08, 2003 09:41PM

So... I'm looking for purple with a hint of red?

--------------

There's a hole in my creativity bucket and it's all leaked out.

Date: June 08, 2003 09:53PM

No, more like the other way round!

..........................................................................................

Sarah

Posted by: Sarah B (---.cable.ubr06.dudl.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: June 08, 2003 10:06PM

Ah! When we said red, we mean Gryffindor red, right? Or tomato red?

--------------

There's a hole in my creativity bucket and it's all leaked out.

Posted by: Skiffle (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: June 08, 2003 11:04PM

Leaving football and the exact colour of Ben's hair (somewhere between scarlet & crimson), I like the idea of a fforum meet at a signing. Either Leeds or Manchester would do for me, and currently not working, so happy to fit in with whatever suits those who are.

I just hope Jasper can cope with fforumites en-masse (or in-a-mess, most likely)

Posted by: ScarletBea (---.telepac.pt)
Date: June 08, 2003 11:04PM

Sarah B., want to see a picture? ;)

Posted by: belochka (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: June 08, 2003 11:24PM

I wish I'd noticed earlier that the two dates I thought I could make are actually a Thursday and Friday <sigh>

I suppose that it will save a flustered and waffling explanation of why I hadn't actually been able to buy the new book. Next time for sure!

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: June 09, 2003 12:13AM

Bea - my hair is now a darker red than when I met you. Dave has a picture of me with Rob and Eddie listed somewhere, but you can't really see it. It's quite a dark red at the moment, rather than the crapy ginger it normally turns to. I'm quite pleased about that, really...

PSD

==========

This is the work of an Italian narco-anarchic collective. Don't bother insulting them, they can't read English anyway.

Posted by: Rob (---.leeds.ac.uk)
Date: June 09, 2003 09:28AM

I'll be at the Leeds do. Depending on when, we could do lunch/dinner around it ?? I'm guessing with it being mid-week it'll be evening. 7:00 ish ??

Posted by: Auntysassy (---.webport.bt.net)
Date: June 09, 2003 10:43AM

Carla - I have moles on the inside of Hodder who are working on invites to the London thing - so if I get anything fancy coming? And of course, vice versa!

Posted by: Carla (198.179.227.---)
Date: June 09, 2003 10:55AM

Sure, I tend to get invited for most of the Hodder stuff so I hope I will get one, I'll let you know as soon as I get it and we can swap info.

Posted by: dave (---.addleshaw-booth.co.uk)
Date: June 09, 2003 12:58PM

damn, I'm on holiday the week of the leeds/manchester do. Other end of the country too. Bum.

Posted by: Magda (---.dialip.mich.net)
Date: June 09, 2003 01:22PM

Could be worse. I'll be on the other side of the Pond, and likely still at work given the 5 hour time difference.

Maybe one of these years I'll win the lottery, and manage to get to the UK and meet some other Fforumites. Of course, that would require that I actually started buying tickets, since I tend to view the state lottery, for the most part, as a tax on the statistically challenged.

--------------
&quot;I've often said that the difference between British and American SF TV series is that the British ones have three-dimensional characters and cardboard spaceships, while the Americans do it the other way around.&quot;
--Ross Smith

Posted by: Carla (198.179.227.---)
Date: June 09, 2003 02:11PM

my parents play the lottery and get a few 3 right... they have been out for a few meals on that money...

i remember once me and bea had a 4 and we bought Bruce Springsteen's "The River" i think... (i was very young...)

i don't play now... maybe i should...

Date: June 09, 2003 02:59PM

There's a free online lottery for UK residents at www.thedailydraw.com (I think it's a dot com and not a dot co uk). It's paid for by advertising... so we shan't tell them I've got anti-pop-up software, shall we? ;-) I've never won anything, but at least I don't lose anything by playing.

Sarah

Posted by: Simon (---.lancing.org.uk)
Date: June 09, 2003 05:54PM

Is anybody else here likely to be at the Brighton signing?

"This was willed where what is willed... can get rather silly."

Posted by: Skiffle (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: June 10, 2003 12:24AM

So is it going to be Leeds or Manchester for the main northern fforum signing meet ? Doesn't make a lot of difference to me in Sheffield either way. Most book signings tend to be afternoons, from my experience but if someone from Leeds/Manchester could actually find out, that would help for planning train times and meeting for lunch/dinner

Date: June 10, 2003 09:51AM

All the talks which I've been to at Waterstones or Borders in Leeds have been early evening. I'll find out when the details are announced.

Posted by: dante (---.kw.bbc.co.uk)
Date: June 10, 2003 12:38PM

Right! I'll come down to Leeds or Manchester, whatever's decided as the meet, if some very nice/ brave person could offer crash space? I'll come bearing chocolate...

And if anyone wants to come to Glasgow I can probably offer crash space!

:--

Do something pretty while you can...

Date: June 10, 2003 12:46PM

Dante. You're welcome to stay at my place in Leeds. We can sort out details nearer the time. There's spare beds and stuff so it'll be easy.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.