New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: UK Launch of The Well of Lost Plots
Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: June 15, 2003 12:48PM

I don't do chocolate as it used to give me really bad eczema when I was smaller, so I couldn't have that much. I have a bar occasionally, but I'm still not a great consumer. I have the odd bar of Green and Black's Mayan Gold though...

PSD

==========

This is the work of an Italian narco-anarchic collective. Don't bother insulting them, they can't read English anyway.

Posted by: Auntysassy (---.ilford.mdip.bt.net)
Date: June 15, 2003 03:00PM

Carla - looks like it is just you and me at Foyles! Sure we'll cope - and I put the cheque in the post to you yesterday (1st class) - thanks.

Simon - might be able to make the Brighton one but won't be able to say definitely until the end of June.

Gosh - isn't this so exciting?

Posted by: dante (---.internal.omneuk.com)
Date: June 15, 2003 06:04PM

Oooh, excitement...so, Leeds it is? Right, I'll book me ticket....whee!

And I've just bought a dodo off ebay, so between that and my Thursday T-shirt I should be recognisable...

*And* it's the day after I get paid. Corn Exchange here I come. Er, if I can find it again.

:--

Do something pretty while you can...

Posted by: Skiffle (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: June 15, 2003 11:22PM

I discovered that Jasper's doing Norwich as well, which is conveniently close to my parent's home. Did a quick check on rail prices and decided against the idea. Would probably be @#$%& to travel to Glasgow !
Of course, my parents often refund the cost of my ticket when I come to visit them, but it seems a little unfair to expect that when I'm only going to Norfolk because Jasper is. It's not like I can't see him closer to home

I've just remembered that I've got a friend who lives in Leeds through the week - she works for the local newspaper. Wonder if Erica would like to come along ?

Posted by: Rob (---.leeds.ac.uk)
Date: June 16, 2003 12:32PM

Corn Exchange is easy.
Turn right when you come out of the station.
Keep walking.
Come to Corn Exchange.
Go inside look in all the nice shops and spend lots of money.

Posted by: dante (---.kw.bbc.co.uk)
Date: June 16, 2003 02:36PM

I can do that.

<Note to self: don't buy more than you can carry.>

:--

Do something pretty while you can...

Date: June 16, 2003 07:47PM

<Note to self: don't buy any more than you can carry>

Yeah, that's what I thought last Christmas. What with pressies and buying books etc., I had to borrow a suitcase on wheels off Mum and Dad to get everything back to Sheffield.

And when I was on holiday in Chester last summer, I had to pop across the road from my hotel to a nearby branch of Staples to buy a box, tape and some string to parcel up all the extra stuff I'd bought that wouldn't fit into my rucksacks. My German penfriend helpfully tied the string around the box to make a handle to carry it with. I felt like a pack mule once I was fully loaded.

Posted by: Jo (---.ex.ac.uk)
Date: June 17, 2003 12:38PM

<snif!> Can't make any of those - I'm stuck in Exeter. Ah well, will have to make sure JFf comes to the Con again next year :D

I drink to drown my sorrows. Unfortunately they've learnt how to swim.

Posted by: Carla (198.179.227.---)
Date: June 17, 2003 01:30PM

you met him already Jo, it will be a first for all of us...

And apparently I will be in the Borders / Books etc team in a croquet game to mark the launch of the book!
Wooooo!

Susan, better ask your contact in Hodder, I'm not sure they will send out invites (it's next monday) but we were asked to give the names for the team.

Posted by: Jo (---.ex.ac.uk)
Date: June 17, 2003 01:35PM

coool! That sounds like so much fun :D (I love playing croquet - such a viscious game. I'm sure the Red Queen would be great at it!)

I drink to drown my sorrows. Unfortunately they've learnt how to swim.

Posted by: Carla (198.179.227.---)
Date: June 17, 2003 01:49PM

I never played, and neither has one of my colleagues... But the girl from Borders has played before...

Quite looking forward to it though!

Date: June 17, 2003 07:53PM

I've got a tabletop croquet set. Might help if my table was a bit more level, mind you.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.