New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: This is all Dante's fault
Posted by: Sarah (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: July 12, 2003 04:14PM

Wilfred says thank you very... er... hic!, and he'll see you on Wednesday.

..........................................................................................

That which does not kill us makes us stranger.
(Llewelyn the dragon, Ozy and Millie)

Sarah

Posted by: dante (---.kw.bbc.co.uk)
Date: July 12, 2003 04:26PM

Tell Wilfred I'm looking forward to it, and I'll bring Ffrodo to meet him. As long as he promises to not be a bad influence, mind, cuz Ffrodo's only a baby...

:--

Do something pretty while you can...

Date: July 12, 2003 04:32PM

Well, I'm bringing Dido too, and she's quite a motherly dodo so I think she can manage to keep Wilfred in line... mostly!

..........................................................................................

Sarah

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: July 12, 2003 05:05PM

Under a railway station in Leeds, there is an Italian Restaurant stuffed with cuddly animals. Their owners are returning from their cars with more, urging them onward, unheeding of the inevitable pasta stains; they must squash them all in, so that they can bear badges saying that they were there, while their owners proudly wear badges saying: I stood outside.

Date: July 12, 2003 05:20PM

Oh, come on, don't exaggerate, there'll be room for all the dodos (and other birds) that we could wish to bring!

Sarah

Posted by: kaz (139.134.57.---)
Date: July 13, 2003 06:46AM

I'm gonna have to do something about getting a dodo. I'm feeling quite left out.

Posted by: dante (---.thls.bbc.co.uk)
Date: July 13, 2003 11:07AM

I'm quite worried about the pasta stains now. Ffrodo will have a napkin.

Posted by: Skiffle (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: July 13, 2003 08:18PM

I will not be bringing any stuffed toys to Leeds. Just some books (including one on Sheffield's cinemas for Dante), my camera, some photos (no good reason - just thought folk might like to see them).

Hmmm, which earrings should I wear ? I don't have any dodos or mammoths. I've got various cat ones, although none that are actually the UA of W cat.

Posted by: dante (---.internal.omneuk.com)
Date: July 14, 2003 06:01PM

Ah, thanks for remembering about the book, skiffle.

I've just realised I have a model UA of W cat. From the computer game Alice - he's blue, has huge teeth and looks very evil. Cool.

Posted by: Skiffle (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: July 14, 2003 11:19PM

One of my best friends at high school was Lewis Carol's great-niece.

Now there's a piece of really useless information you can impress your friends with.........

Posted by: kaz (139.134.58.---)
Date: July 14, 2003 11:28PM

Was she your best friend because she was Lewis Carrol's great-niece?

Posted by: splat21 (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: July 14, 2003 11:31PM

Dunno about my friends but I'm seriously impressed!

_ _ _ _ _

If the English language made any sense, a catastrophe would be an apostrophe with fur.

Date: July 14, 2003 11:33PM

I know a family who is decended from Robert Burns. Mind you, when the 12 year old son told me I asked him if he knew who Robert Burns was. He didn't. I had to explain.

Date: July 14, 2003 11:41PM

My great-grandfather on my father's side was Beatrix Potter's coachman, and my great-great-grandfather on my mother's side founded Donetsk (in the Ukraine). Anyone interested can Google "John Hughes, Donetsk" and see what they get - there are quite a few sites about him.

Sarah

Date: July 14, 2003 11:49PM

Interesting - my dad lives in the (minute) hamlet where Beatrix Potter's family used to spend their holidays... was he in Scotland or the Lake District?

_ _ _ _ _

If the English language made any sense, a catastrophe would be an apostrophe with fur.

Date: July 14, 2003 11:56PM

There's a little town here in my home state named after my ancestors. It also happens to be the name of the town in Scotland where said ancestors originally came from. It's Kelso.

Date: July 14, 2003 11:57PM

Alison - in the Lake District. My great-uncle was the last living person to have known Beatrix Potter personally, and he died just before Christmas 2000 at the ripe old age of 100.

Sarah

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: July 15, 2003 12:00AM

I have nobody interesting in my ancestry. I'm pretty unlikely to have anyone interesting in my descendants eiterh, assuming anyone's stupid enough to give me some...

PSD

==========

This is the work of an Italian narco-anarchic collective. Don't bother insulting them, they can't read English anyway.

Date: July 15, 2003 12:03AM

What about that Polish ancestor of yours with the unpronouncable name?

Date: July 15, 2003 12:11AM

Sarah: Fantastic. Lucky you! In fact, thinking about it, I think there might be a picture of him in the Beatrix Potter musuem in Dunkeld - I'll have a look when I'm there next...

Post Edited (07-15-03 01:15)

_ _ _ _ _

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.