New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
Picture Perfect?
Posted by: TheMedHettar (---.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: July 10, 2003 08:21PM

I added a picture to my profile. I know a lot of you guys who are members either have silly pictures on your profiles (poetscientistdrinker i am looking at you - i love it though) but i like seeing who the actual person is. So, basically, do you think it's a decent picture? Or should i opt for a picture of an octopus trying to put on a blue and green party hat?

TMH

//---------------//------------------//
One golfer a year is hit by lightning. This may be the only evidence we have of god’s existence.

Re: Picture Perfect?
Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: July 10, 2003 08:59PM

Ah, actually my picture is rather sensible, after a while on the fforum you may twig. Or somebody else will tell you in the next post, which is highly probable (hint...).

PSD

==========

This is the work of an Italian narco-anarchic collective. Don't bother insulting them, they can't read English anyway.

Date: July 10, 2003 09:09PM

Do you think its a decent picture tho PSD? i know im a young'un at 18! and, as no one has yet to explain, why Mr Benn?

TMH

One golfer a year is hit by lightning. This may be the only evidence we have of god’s existence.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: July 10, 2003 09:45PM

Ben --- was a rat that Michael Jackson liked.

Ben --- was called a pervert by the lamented Ooktavia, wherever she is.

Benn --- sounds like Ben.

Posted by: ScarletBea (---.telepac.pt)
Date: July 10, 2003 09:49PM

You look MUCH younger than 18 though... hehehe

Date: July 10, 2003 09:52PM

Oh thank you Scarlet! How nice of you *grr* well, 18 i am. admittedly its a young looking photo, but youth is a blessing. and its wonderful what innocent cute looks can do for you!

TMH

Posted by: Ptolemy (---.range217-44.btcentralplus.com)
Date: July 10, 2003 10:09PM

Hmm, well I failed at the first hurdle and couldn't seem to incorporate a photo into my profile, but since I know of one taken of yours truly last year that's already online here's an address for it for the supremely bored amongst you:

Ptolemy

Post Edited (07-10-03 23:29)

-----------------------------------------------------------

* I'm backing the campaign to get the official Stalker for 2007 evicted *

Posted by: ScarletBea (---.telepac.pt)
Date: July 10, 2003 10:15PM

Sorry, of course it's a blessing looking younger :D

Nobody says I'm 33 LOL

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: July 10, 2003 10:20PM

Ptolemy, your link didn't work...there's a space between ptols and onstage. I tried smooshing them together, adding a dash and also and underscore there, but that didn't work either...so what's up with that?? LOL

Date: July 10, 2003 10:27PM

Whoops! Hang on, that might explain lots! (blushes)

Back in a minute....

{bit later}

Erm, try that. Sorry!

Hardly worth the effort anyway!

Post Edited (07-10-03 23:30)

-----------------------------------------------------------

* I'm backing the campaign to get the official Stalker for 2007 evicted *

Date: July 10, 2003 10:32PM

Thanks Scarlet, i've been told im quite the young looker i'll have you know lol! At least m'lady thinks so ;-) i thought it'd be nice to include my photo in my profile and at least i didn't have to deal with the 'Damn, what would be funny?' dilemma. And in any case, 18 i may be, but whats youth nowadays? If it weren't for my nubile looks in the photo who'd have know. Darn, i love the net. Where words and thoughts and ideas are what counts and not how tall, how thin, how good looking, how old, how rich matters. Thats the beauty of this community, JF brought us all together with his wonderful books but what allows us to mingle so perfectly is the fact that all that matters is what we scribble in these posts. its a totally open community. Where in the 'real world' would a group of people like us get the chance to mix, and given that chance, would we? i don't think so. Thats why this forum and the internet as a whole, is a wonderful, wonderful thing. Sorry to wax lyrical but sometimes u can't hold back the flow, sorry guys!

TMH

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: July 10, 2003 10:57PM

yup, Ptolemy, worked that time!

Date: July 10, 2003 11:04PM

I know, I could hear the gales of incredulous laughter even from here!

Heh. Thanks, AAC - appreciate you guinea pigging it for me :)

Posted by: Intrigue (---.vic.bigpond.net.au)
Date: July 11, 2003 12:04AM

I would put my own picture in, but in my most recent I'm in my school uniform, and there is NO way I'm putting that here.

Date: July 11, 2003 12:40AM

Intrigue, why not? It doesn't matter what you're like im sure it'd be a great picture and i love to know what the person im talking to looks like! Anyway, u can see me, so i should be able to see you, fair's fair lol ;-)

TMH

Posted by: Intrigue (---.vic-remote.bigpond.net.au)
Date: July 11, 2003 12:50AM

We'll see. Anyway, I'm pretty sure I'm the youngest on the board at 15, except for maybe ilovespike.

---
Those who forget the pasta are doomed to reheat it.

Date: July 11, 2003 01:02AM

The reason I have Mr Ben as a pic is not because I wear stupid hats or dress up (although I confess to both), but because PSD is (remarkably) merely a stage-name to keep prospective employers from Googling me.

Anyway, if you wondered what I really look like:

http://jimhawkridge.uk.eu.org/photos/mist/small/dscf1597.jpg

or, if I'm feeling wise:

http://jimhawkridge.uk.eu.org/photos/mist/small/dscf1592.jpg

Bad photo:

http://jimhawkridge.uk.eu.org/photos/mist/small/dscf1534.jpg

Larger versions of those three are available from this bit of my friend Jim's homesite - along with some rather cool photos of Snowdonia.

If you're still interested, I'm the red-haired goon in this photo here - taken after coxing my crew to victory in the annual old boys vs school race in my original town of Stratford-upon-Avon. Yes, the one with the bard and the theatre and stuff...

(I was coxing the old boys, btw)

Post Edited (07-11-03 02:04)

PSD

==========

This is the work of an Italian narco-anarchic collective. Don't bother insulting them, they can't read English anyway.

Date: July 11, 2003 01:05AM

TMH - I'm quite worried - you look disconcertingly like my best friend...

PSD

==========

Posted by: Intrigue (---.vic-remote.bigpond.net.au)
Date: July 11, 2003 01:08AM

Are you a slavedriver with your crew?

What do you think of my sig?

---
Those who forget the pasta are doomed to reheat it.

Date: July 11, 2003 01:12AM

All I will say about your sig is try not to fall into the habit of trying to update it every couple of weeks - it gets very hard to keep finding good quotes...

Actually, I will also say that it made me laugh.

I'm not sure if I count as a slave driver (although on the back of my crew shirt from the crew I coached at uni it says that) but I'm pretty aggressive. I also tend to win quite often, so I'm obviously doing something right. Why? Don't row, do you?

PSD

==========

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.