New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
Play-dough, chocolate, &c
Posted by: Sarah (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: July 26, 2003 10:49PM

This thread continues the discussion which was going on at the end of the "Peanut-bloody-butter" thread... and, for what it's worth, I like chocolate and I like crisps, but the thought of mixing the two does not appeal!

..........................................................................................

That which does not kill us makes us stranger.
(Llewelyn the dragon, Ozy and Millie)

Sarah

Re: Play-dough, chocolate, &c
Posted by: ScarletBea (---.telepac.pt)
Date: July 26, 2003 10:58PM

chocolate with crisps???? eewwwwwwww

I like to put crisps in my sandwiches though

Posted by: SLIGHTCAP (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: July 26, 2003 11:04PM

My brothers used to eat peanut butter, pickle and potato chip sandwiches, which I think is completely disgusting, but what can I say, they were kids.

Posted by: SLIGHTCAP (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: July 26, 2003 11:09PM

They also used to eat that homemade playdough, too.

Posted by: Nicky (---.73.140.196.Dial1.Chicago1.Level3.net)
Date: July 27, 2003 12:02AM

Since we're talking about crisps, you can't get the tomato sauce flavored ones here. I miss them.

For Tracy: clarifying something from the old thread....a malteser is a malted milk ball, only more delicate (and better, in my humble opinion).

Posted by: robcraine (---.mcb.net)
Date: July 27, 2003 12:26AM

chocolate and crisps: bleugh. I'd imagine that as tasting something similar to chocolate and bread... which is something that shouldn't be done.... on the other hand, I'll try lots of things once.

as for play-dough.... wonderful smell, but not a very edible one.

rob

Posted by: Nicky (---.73.140.196.Dial1.Chicago1.Level3.net)
Date: July 27, 2003 01:59AM

What's really disgusting is those places that sell chocolate-covered insects (ants, grasshoppers, etc). Haven't worked up the courage to try those, yet.

Posted by: AnnMarie (---.104.220.222.ptr.us.xo.net)
Date: July 27, 2003 06:18AM

My grandma used to try and get my brother and I to eat peanut butter and banana sandwiches.

Posted by: Nicky (---.dsl.emhril.ameritech.net)
Date: July 27, 2003 06:32AM

I think that was Elvis's favorite food.

Posted by: AnnMarie (---.104.220.222.ptr.us.xo.net)
Date: July 27, 2003 06:50AM

Well grandma did love Elvis. That might explain it :)

Posted by: kaz (139.134.58.---)
Date: July 27, 2003 08:07AM

Deep fries peanut butter and banana sandwiches were Elvis favourites. Which kinda explains his waist-line and slight problem of having heart-attacks whilst sitting on toilets (loo, bathroom, dunny....)

Posted by: Ptolemy (---.range217-44.btcentralplus.com)
Date: July 27, 2003 10:19AM

I bet Elvis' mum didn't make his PlayDough, that's what's at the root of his problems.

Can I tell my favourite Elvis joke now please? Oh, go on? Please? PLEASE? *stamps foot*

Thanks...

A biker chick goes to get a tattoo of Elvis on her upper thigh and when the artist has completed it, she complains it doesn't look much like The King.
She asks him to do it again on the other thigh, and this time to "do it right". This times it comes out perfect, but the biker chick complains again that it dosn't look like Elvis Presley. As she is standing in the doorway without anything on, a biker passes by. She grabs him and asks him, "who do they look like to you"? The biker answers, "I don't know who the two guys on the ends are, but the one in the middle sure looks just like Willie Nelson......"

Posted by: Holly Daze (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: July 27, 2003 10:43AM

Oooooh Nooooooooooooooo Ha Ha

Posted by: Dell (81.152.255.---)
Date: July 27, 2003 12:21PM

I don't get it

& why was the other thread closed? It wasn't very long.

Posted by: Sarah (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: July 27, 2003 12:30PM

It had gone to 112 posts, and the "crustimony proseedcake" around here has been to stop at 100. I was actually hoping someone else would close it, because I often seem to be the one who ends up doing that, but nobody did, so I did.

I don't get it either, Dell, but I think it may be rather vulgar.

..........................................................................................

That which does not kill us makes us stranger.
(Llewelyn the dragon, Ozy and Millie)

Sarah

Posted by: Dell (81.152.255.---)
Date: July 27, 2003 12:49PM

100 posts is very short to close a thread at. You can't get a proper discussion in so few posts. Especially not with the amount of people who post here.

Posted by: Bluebottle (---.server.ntl.com)
Date: July 27, 2003 12:56PM

100 posts is very short to close a thread at.

With the way the fforum works, it's not. You may be happy with scrolling down several pages to get to the 1 post you haven't read, but I'm not.

You can't get a proper discussion in so few posts.

Which is why the thread is (in effect) 'moved' by opening a new one with a related title. Discussion carries on, less people get RSI through scrolling, chocolate is good and here comes that coffee I was promised earlier.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: July 28, 2003 01:46PM

Ah, broadband! If you haven't got it (I have now) it takes forever to download a thread with 99 posts. Stop at 99, please. No thread survives to 99 posts without being wildly off topic, so why not start new ones? Lol.

Posted by: Simon (---.westsussex.gov.uk)
Date: July 28, 2003 04:30PM

I agree about not mixing chocolate with crisps. Peanut butter & crisp sandwiches, OK, although it's years since I've had any of them... Adding pickle (of what kind?) as well doesn't sound very nice to me.

Recipe_ 'Peanut-butter sandwiches a la Duchess': Cut two slices from a loaf of white bread. Apply a moderate coating of peanut butter (either smooth or crunchy, depending on personal taste...) to the upper surface of one slice. Sprinkle generously with black pepper, freshly ground if possible. Place the other slice of bread on top of this.

I wonder how well peanut butter and (a gentle drizzling of) Worcester Sauce might go together? One to try when I get home this evening...

Warning! Product may contain Newts!

Posted by: Tracy (---.hyperion.com)
Date: July 28, 2003 04:50PM

<aachooo> I don't think <aachooo> pepper <aachooo> is all that good an idea!

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.