New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous12345678910
Current Page: 10 of 10
Re: music
Posted by: Skiffle (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: April 24, 2003 12:58AM

There's not much point in cleaning Skiffle (the cat) up at the moment. The flat's so filthy she'll go grey again in no time. It's getting cleaner, but slowly. Realised yesterday that Diesel is 2 this month. Can't believe I've had her that long.

Posted by: Simon (193.82.99.---)
Date: April 24, 2003 06:19PM

Sarah _
Re 1930s music_ I agree that there were a lot of great musicians & singers recording great tunes/songs back then (and I have several CDs of works by Reinhart &/or Grappelli in MY collection too), but wouldn't go so far as to echo your comment and say "I never could resist 1930s music"... After all, there was also ("Shudder!") Gracie Fields...

"Some days I diet, other days (including this one :-) they serve lasagne."

Date: April 24, 2003 08:02PM

Simon: Heathen !
I like Gracie Fields AND George Formby

So there !

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: April 24, 2003 08:46PM

Skiffle - easy way to clean flat AND cat

1: Fill bath
2: Don protective clothing
3: Drop cat in bath
4: Wring cat out
5: Allow cat to dance round flat, thereby pickijng up dust
6: Repeat
7: Call ambulance for feline inflicted injuries.

PSD

==========

This is the work of an Italian narco-anarchic collective. Don't bother insulting them, they can't read English anyway.

Posted by: Sarah (---.vip.uk.com)
Date: April 24, 2003 09:12PM

PSD - how could you be so cruel?

..........................................................................................

That which does not kill us makes us stranger.
(Llewelyn the dragon, Ozy and Millie)

Sarah

Date: April 24, 2003 09:14PM

With little regard for my own safety. Obviously. Have you ever tried to drop a cat into a bath?

PSD

==========

This is the work of an Italian narco-anarchic collective. Don't bother insulting them, they can't read English anyway.

Date: April 24, 2003 09:17PM

[www.billstclair.com]

PSD

==========

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: April 24, 2003 09:18PM

I do it all the time. Scooter just stands there and I don't have to hold him. And Odin hardly struggles at all. Crickett only needs gentle handling but Loki needs tranq's...and so do I when I'm done!

Date: April 24, 2003 09:21PM

H'mm, yes... that's why I use those wipes instead!

..........................................................................................

Sarah

Date: April 24, 2003 10:19PM

I have bathed a cat once, but only when Vila had had that patch of foul-smelling stuff on his fur for 3 days and obviously wasn't going to groom it off by himself

Date: April 25, 2003 09:25PM

Minsky went out in the rain today (of his own accord) and got soaked, which washed him down thoroughly. Now I won't have to go after him with a pet wipe, or even a wet pipe for that matter.

What an obliging cat he is!

Sarah

Date: April 25, 2003 10:34PM

Tess got rained on today, and as soon as we got back into the house the first thing she wanted to do was to dry herself - which she does by falling over and then pushing herself along against the furniture. She left muddy footprints all over the carpet. I was not amused.

PSD

==========

Date: April 26, 2003 12:31AM

Bet your Mum wasn't too pleased either. Wed dog - what a lovely smell

Date: April 26, 2003 12:48AM

I gave her a bath the other day, so she isn't so doggy at the moment, plus she has short hair, which also cuts down on it. Thankfully ...

(I wish I could get her to chew mints though...)

PSD

==========

Date: April 26, 2003 01:20AM

I@m sure she'd eat mints, just not chew them. You can get dog toothpaste, I think, Or charcoal biscuits

Date: April 27, 2003 09:29PM

Yup - use both... Still get an aspect of doggy breath. She won't eat mints - I've tried that.

PSD

==========

Goto Page: Previous12345678910
Current Page: 10 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.