New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 6 of 9
Re: Geez! Where is everyone?
Posted by: skiffle (---.range217-44.btcentralplus.com)
Date: April 01, 2003 09:15PM

*Was* single ? You been near my niece already ?

Posted by: dante (---.internal.omneuk.com)
Date: April 02, 2003 10:19PM

Mmm, fish finger sandwiches with mayo. And cheese.

Actually, I've had rolls with pickled onion monster munch and mayo, too.

I tried to barbeque aniseed balls once, but it didn't work very well.

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: April 02, 2003 11:04PM

Erm, has one of my posts gone AWOL, or did I forget to post it? I was going to say I'm still single, it's just I no longer have access to toasties. Fortunately for the girls of St Mary's College, Durham.

PSD

==========

This is the work of an Italian narco-anarchic collective. Don't bother insulting them, they can't read English anyway.

Date: April 02, 2003 11:32PM

PSD:
check your own post re toasties

"Only had them when I was single, strangely"

Incautious use of tense leads to suggestion that single state was in the past.
Glad you haven't been near my niece; I might sulk....

Date: April 02, 2003 11:35PM

I know, but I;m sure that I'd already answered that point, by pointing out that the toasties *are* past tense, through no longer having access to the toastie bar in Mary's.

Whenever I'm in Sheffield next, I'll take you for a drink. Just so you know what your niece is missing ;D

Post Edited (04-03-03 00:36)

PSD

==========

This is the work of an Italian narco-anarchic collective. Don't bother insulting them, they can't read English anyway.

Date: April 02, 2003 11:54PM

Thought you'd never ask, you sexy thing, you.
Still I'd like to be back in Sheffield myself. Friend is popping round to the flat tomorrow to check if McCartney gig tix have arrived and how well painters have been getting on. Booked my train tix to Manchester this evening.

Date: April 02, 2003 11:57PM

Good, as on a point of principle (Yes, I really do have some) I refuse to visit Norfolk (as they say - Norfolk Enchants)...
Worried about the mental state of anyone who calls me 'sexy', though.

I better keep the photos hidden before everyone suffers an outburst of oestrogen, eh?

PSD

==========

Date: April 03, 2003 12:13AM

Norfolk enchants ...?

Hadn't heard that, but then I'm not here very often. Suppose there are a few old witches in the WI

Posted by: Simon (---.lancing.org.uk)
Date: April 03, 2003 12:37PM

Hadn't heard that, either, only "Very flat, Norfolk"... Was consequently a bit (although only a little bit) surprised when some American company _ Disney? _ set a film in & around Norfolk's mountains! (The relevant scenes were actually filmed somewhere in the south of Ireland, near Wicklow if I remember correctly...)

"Some days I diet, other days they serve lasagne."

Date: April 03, 2003 12:44PM

Can't remember what film it was, but you are right. Much hilarity in local press. Norfolk isn't *entirely* flat though. It goes up and down a bit in the area south west of Norwich. And Norwich market is set on a slope. The grills in the food stalls have signs on saying that they *are* actually level, they just don't look it because everything else is at an angle.

Posted by: Sarah (---.vip.uk.com)
Date: April 03, 2003 07:10PM

Skiffle and PSD - if you wish to borrow my entroposcope, feel free. It's just the thing for a first date. ;-)

..........................................................................................

That which does not kill us makes us stranger.
(Llewelyn the dragon, Ozy and Millie)

Sarah

Date: April 03, 2003 07:20PM

Subtle, Sarah; really subtle...

How to scare a man in one simple move.

Date: April 03, 2003 07:24PM

On the contrary! Way back on the old Fforum, the one to which we can no longer post, I asked if people thought an entroposcope was a good idea for a first date, and Ben responded enthusiastically in the affirmative.

So I brought one. (No, the date was not with Ben...) The young man concerned seemed quite impressed, actually rather more so than I was with him. Oh well, can't win 'em all!

..........................................................................................

Sarah

Date: April 03, 2003 07:37PM

Too true.

You know, Sarah, this conversation would be less confusing if we got on the phone and talked directly, instead of via several threads. Still I guess the late-nighters and tomorrow's workers can have fun trying to keep track.
Vila and Shiraz were two of my most favourite cats ever.

Date: April 03, 2003 07:40PM

This is true... but I'm going to have to get off in a minute and do some more bra-related work. *sigh*

Hope to have a bit more time tomorrow night.

Sarah

Date: April 03, 2003 07:58PM

That could *so* be misinterpreted.

And I'm highly unlikely to be scared off by a bit of mild flirting. I was captain of a womens' boat crew once.

PSD

==========

Date: April 03, 2003 08:01PM

Sarah, am I right in thinking that I'm the one who introduced you to Jasper's books ? In which case, date referred to above is must have taken place after we met, but I don't remember you mentioning it

Who was that masked man ?

Date: April 03, 2003 08:13PM

PSD: women's boat crew members and you only got *mild* flirting ? How many jokes about cox though ?

Date: April 03, 2003 08:17PM

They kept it short.

It's cold on the Tyne.

PSD

==========

Date: April 03, 2003 08:19PM

Funny how the cold can make bits of men (or men's bits) shrivel, while it makes bits of women stick out.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 6 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.