New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8990919293949596979899...LastNext
Current Page: 94 of 132
Re: Animal, Vegetable or Mineral?
Posted by: Bickaxe (---.197.177.188.threembb.co.uk)
Date: June 19, 2012 06:43PM

Is it as mammal?

------------------------------------------------------------

2010 1985 Team Lego Building Winner
2011 1968 Team Lego Building Winner
2012 1952 Isle of Man Gold Medal Winner

Posted by: SkidMarks (---.bb.sky.com)
Date: June 19, 2012 09:57PM

Animal
1) Is it edible - yes
2) Does it have four legs - Yes
3) Are its eyes to the front (eg cat) rather than to the side (eg horse)? No, horse-like
4) Is it as mammal? yes

Posted by: geg (---.15-2.cable.virginmedia.com)
Date: June 20, 2012 02:16PM

5) is it real as opposed to fictional?

Posted by: SkidMarks (62.6.182.---)
Date: June 20, 2012 03:46PM

Animal
1) Is it edible - yes
3) Are its eyes to the front (eg cat) rather than to the side (eg horse)? No, horse-like
4) Is it as mammal? yes
5) is it real as opposed to fictional? yes (Depending on which reality you are currently experiencing)

Posted by: MistyCat (122.58.102.---)
Date: June 22, 2012 10:24AM

If your hypothetical bog-standard 9 year old daughter wanted one for a pet, would you be surprised?

Posted by: SkidMarks (62.6.182.---)
Date: June 22, 2012 10:45AM

Animal
1) Is it edible - Yes
4) Is it as mammal? - Yes
5) is it real as opposed to fictional? - Yes (Depending on which reality you are currently experiencing)
6) If your hypothetical bog-standard 9 year old daughter wanted one for a pet, would you be surprised? - No. Does that say more about me than the hypothetical brat, though?

Date: June 22, 2012 11:42AM

OK. We can wait just so long before the pressure of ascertaining relative breadbox/unknown volume overwhelms. Is it... No, I can't. I feel that I just have to wait until the official sizenator requests the pertinent "Is the breadbox enbigganatoriousness relativosity superior or inferior to the standard farinasiousnessosity enclosurated container?"
Inquiring Minds Need To Know.
No, not a question from me. I can (tic) wait. I'm a (tic) patient person. No (tic) problem. No worries (tic) at all. I don't (tic) need to (tic) know. I can (tic) wait. Doesn't concern (tic) me at all. Who (tic) cares? We'll get (tic) there. NURSE!!!!

Date: June 23, 2012 05:14PM

It's a sad but true fact that addiction to The Breadbox Question" is a growing problem around the world. Most addicts are too overwhelmed by shame to talk about their addiction and so the probelm is never or rarely discussed. I have been a sufferer for nearly a year, but only now feel the strength to openly admit my problem. I hope that by posting here I might help those who are still suffering silence.
Disclaimer: Clearly I am in no way suggesting that MistyCat has a problem.

Edited for legal reasons

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2012 05:16PM by geg.

Posted by: SkidMarks (---.10-3.cable.virginmedia.com)
Date: June 23, 2012 05:19PM

Not wishing to cause any grief to anyone, I feel obliged to report that it would need to much larger than a standard breadbox, but could be much smaller than a standard breadvan to accomodate the object of your quest.

Posted by: OB (---.range86-168.btcentralplus.com)
Date: June 23, 2012 06:57PM

8) Would it make a good pet or does it need confination ?

( I'm a great advocate of free range : vis-a-vis geg)

Posted by: SkidMarks (---.10-3.cable.virginmedia.com)
Date: June 24, 2012 12:15PM

1) Is it edible - Yes
5) is it real as opposed to fictional? - Yes (Depending on which reality you are currently experiencing)
6) If your hypothetical bog-standard 9 year old daughter wanted one for a pet, would you be surprised? - No. Does that say more about me than the hypothetical brat, though?
0) bigger than a breadbox
7) Would it make a good pet or does it need confination ? Not usually a pet - and smaller than Geg

Date: June 24, 2012 11:11PM

8) Does it range freely in both hemispheres?

Date: June 25, 2012 07:21AM

1) Is it edible - Yes
7) Would it make a good pet or does it need confination ? Not usually a pet - and smaller than Geg
8) Does it range freely in both hemispheres? Yes (controlled free ranging)

Posted by: Ian (---.41.251.234.threembb.co.uk)
Date: June 25, 2012 05:13PM

Would it look better wearing a waistcoat or a tutu?

Date: June 25, 2012 05:18PM

1) Is it edible - Yes
9) Would it look better wearing a waistcoat or a tutu? Probably a tutu

Posted by: OB (---.range86-178.btcentralplus.com)
Date: June 25, 2012 08:09PM

That makes it a dainty and attractive animal then; not a pie-eating grumpy ragamuffin?

Posted by: Ian (---.41.251.232.threembb.co.uk)
Date: June 25, 2012 08:41PM

Well in my mind (which is an interesting place to be) a tutu says pig. So, is it a pig.

Date: June 26, 2012 07:10AM

1) Is it edible - Yes
9) Would it look better wearing a waistcoat or a tutu? Probably a tutu
10)That makes it a dainty and attractive animal then; not a pie-eating grumpy ragamuffin? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder - get it out with Optrex. I would say no
11)a tutu says pig. So, is it a pig. No. Walt Disney said hippo and he was wrong as well

Date: June 26, 2012 12:34PM

I did have breakfast this morning and am now considering lunch, but I am still smaller than the average hippo.

Date: June 26, 2012 12:58PM

Does it have paws (rather than hooves)?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8990919293949596979899...LastNext
Current Page: 94 of 132

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.