New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 4 of 7
Re: Meet the fforum returns....
Posted by: dave (213.249.230.---)
Date: April 04, 2006 10:20AM

Ah, it's nice to be missed.

For the record, I do not 'openly despise' ptolemy.

I do, however, think that he is an arse, for the various comments that he has made about my friends. Which I did explain at the time I called him an arse. So am somewhat at a loss to explain his sudden rant here.

Kaz, I applaud you for your comments. Well said.

Phil, if you don't like people here, then don't come here. You have your own forum where you can play at being lord and master. Take your ball back and go play somewhere else.

Posted by: Ptolemy (---.range86-139.btcentralplus.com)
Date: April 04, 2006 10:30AM

Hey well done Puck; that was both funny and original, plus you rose above my grouchiness. I'm really sorry. I have rather a lot on my plate right now, although that's no excuse whatsoever of course. I'd email you a handsome apology if I knew your address; mine's in my profile if you want to drop me a line.

And Kaz, calm down dear - it's only an internet forum! I seem to remember you saying once you're a practising Christian; how about saying a prayer for me instead of hurling pointy sticks - I could really do with it right now.

Take care out there, yeah? I'm not going anywhere, and would really appreciate it if you could bring yourself to reconsider - as indeed I'm sure all your friends on here would.

Posted by: Bonzai Kitten (---.bur.dialup.dodo.com.au)
Date: April 04, 2006 10:38AM

Well done Puck, that was ballsy, if you'll pardon the awfully coarse expression.

However, I think it's time everyone had a cup of tea and a bex, and then a lie down.

Posted by: dave (213.249.230.---)
Date: April 04, 2006 11:42AM

so long as no-one offers cake...

Posted by: Dibs (---.dsl.chcgil.ameritech.net)
Date: April 04, 2006 12:55PM

Yeah, Kaz, how dare you be mean to poor Ptolemy? He's such a calm, reasonable man. Just because occasionally he has bitchy hissy fits and takes his menopause out on everyone else doesn't mean that you should respond. Instead you should think about how hard it is for him. Do you think that this snarkiness comes easily?

Poor, poor Ptols. You have my utter sympathy. And how kind of you to try and inspire Kaz's faith again, not a @#$%& shot at all. So here's a prayer inspired by your timely message.

"Ptolemy, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot flame, courage to flame the things I can, and the wisdom to tell the difference."

Posted by: splat21 (195.33.121.---)
Date: April 04, 2006 01:07PM

Wow. Let's not have cake, and **** tea - let's have very strong drink instead. Can't help feeling I precipitated some of that - will become anodyne immediately. Except I think it might make me throw up.

Welcome back everyone who's suddenly reappeared. Were you planning to stay? Be lovely if you would. I happen to have a small but perfectly formed field hospital in my back pocket, if that helps?

Post Edited (04-04-06 14:08)

_ _ _ _ _

If the English language made any sense, a catastrophe would be an apostrophe with fur.

Posted by: Nicky (---.illinois.net)
Date: April 04, 2006 02:30PM

Single malt for breakfast sounds especially nourishing. Thanks, Ali. You'll have to drink yours standing, though.

Note to Puck: Although it may not be immediately apparent from my post above, I thought your poem was hilarious.

Oh, and Ptolemy, here's 50p. Go buy yourself a little sincerity. In my opinion, Kaz doesn't need the practice -- she's already got it right.

Posted by: kaz (58.169.119.---)
Date: April 05, 2006 12:00AM

You precipitated none of it, Ali. You had said your piece days ago, Puck had responded, the subject was over. At least, most of us knew it to be over.

Puck, 1946 out of 10 for that ode. An absolutely champion effort.

Posted by: Lady Teaspoon (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: April 05, 2006 02:36AM

Bravo Puck!
Poetry often brings the best of luck!

(sincere apologies! *obligingly attaches a target to my back* Please feel free to throw things at me)

Maybe we could do with some of the ice water from that other thread here too. My, tempers do seem to be flaring lately.

Posted by: Bonzai Kitten (61.68.164.---)
Date: April 05, 2006 09:28AM

Is the offer of throwing things open to everyone? I have a couple of buckets of white-wash I don't need anymore...

Posted by: robert (---.nsw.bigpond.net.au)
Date: April 05, 2006 12:23PM

Stay out of it kitten.

Posted by: kaz (58.169.119.---)
Date: April 05, 2006 10:25PM

What's wrong with a white-washed kitten?

Posted by: Nicky (---.dsl.chcgil.ameritech.net)
Date: April 06, 2006 01:51AM

It'd save the hassle of a bath for sure.

Posted by: Bonzai Kitten (61.68.160.---)
Date: April 06, 2006 12:25PM

Apparently I've been told!

Posted by: splat21 (195.33.121.---)
Date: April 06, 2006 12:30PM

to stay out of the whitewash? Pity, I've always thought paw prints all over the floor at least make an unusual form of decoration...

_ _ _ _ _

If the English language made any sense, a catastrophe would be an apostrophe with fur.

Date: April 16, 2006 01:00PM

Just for the record, the comments that were attributed to me by you, Dave, weren't actually said by me. They were posted by someone anonymously, and you assumed it to be me. I know who it was as it happens, but I only discovered that afterwards. Just wanted to clear that one up for once and for all.

Quote:
Author: dave (213.249.230.---)
Date: 04-04-06 11:20

Ah, it's nice to be missed.

For the record, I do not 'openly despise' ptolemy.

I do, however, think that he is an arse, for the various comments that he has made about my friends. Which I did explain at the time I called him an arse. So am somewhat at a loss to explain his sudden rant here.

Date: April 16, 2006 03:39PM

Look, could we not go over all of this again? Ffan site, remember?

Date: April 16, 2006 03:40PM

Yeah, sorry Kitten. Just tidying up loose ends before I go away. Cheerio!

Posted by: dave (---.plus.com)
Date: April 17, 2006 11:40PM

"Just for the record, the comments that were attributed to me by you, Dave, weren't actually said by me."

Ah, silly me. I assumed that as the comment was signed "-Ptolly (aka Phil, who has forgtten his LJ user name, if indeed he ever had one)", then it was actually made by you.

" They were posted by someone anonymously..."

Clearly, we're thinking about different comments here.

", and you assumed it to be me. I know who it was as it happens, but I only discovered that afterwards. Just wanted to clear that one up for once and for all."

How kind of you, Ptolemy.

Date: April 17, 2006 11:49PM

HEY!

What did I just say?

FFan site. Not whine-and-point-fingers-and-carry-on-like-a-spoilt-four-year-old site.

I for one am getting extremely sick of this. The next time I read about this childishness I'm leaving the fforum. Take your personal issues with eachother elsewhere, where you wont be inflicting it on the rest of us. It's turned what is usually a pleasant way to meet and interact with like-minded people who appreciate meaningful humour into the opposite.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 4 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.