New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 2 of 10
Re: I packed my bag and in it I put
Posted by: adam (---.environment-agency.gov.uk)
Date: March 21, 2003 02:46PM

Bah, the only varieties of Chocolate Orange I've ever seen are plain or milk chocolate (both orange flavoured).

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.rdg.ac.uk)
Date: March 21, 2003 02:47PM

Green and Blacks Mayan Gold is loverly - dark chocalate with spices and orange and stuff

PSD

==========

This is the work of an Italian narco-anarchic collective. Don't bother insulting them, they can't read English anyway.

Posted by: skiffle (---.range217-44.btcentralplus.com)
Date: March 21, 2003 03:31PM

A friend of mine worked for a company that tested food products, including Terry's, who make the chocolate oranges. Terry's often sent in far more samples than were needed for testing. The day Mickey left, he was given a carrier bag full of assorted goodies. He was giving away whole chocolate oranges (sigh). Milk, white chocolate and raspberry.
Have you seen the giant chocolate oranges that Woolies used to stock a xmas ? They were the size of footballs, I swear.

Posted by: dave (212.158.104.---)
Date: March 21, 2003 03:47PM

Luzze: Effendi is out in paperback, I've got a copy in my bag...

White chocolate is Wrong.

Dark chocolate is Right and Good. 70% cocoa is ok, 80% is better. I once had a bar of 99%. the only way to eat it was grated over really good vanilla ice-cream. Yum.

Damn, now I need some chocolate and all they sell in this place is Nestle. Which is Very Wrong.

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.rdg.ac.uk)
Date: March 21, 2003 03:51PM

Green and Black's is right. Very right

PSD

==========

This is the work of an Italian narco-anarchic collective. Don't bother insulting them, they can't read English anyway.

Date: March 21, 2003 04:11PM

oh yes.

Starbucks do a very nice dark chocolate bar, as do Thornton's. Thornton's is also pretty good value at only 50p.

Posted by: Rob (---.leeds.ac.uk)
Date: March 21, 2003 04:15PM

I agree about Green and Black's, but there are times where you can't be a bit of Cadbury's Dairy Milk...

Date: March 21, 2003 04:16PM

I find I quite often can't be a bit of dairy milk. I'd melt.

arf arf.

God I'm bored. Can you tell?

Date: March 21, 2003 04:22PM

Yes!

Date: March 21, 2003 04:25PM

where else can you ramble on about chocolate on a friday afternoon with a deadline looming? I *heart* the fforum.

boredboredboredboredboredboredboredboredboredboredbored
boredboredboredboredboredboredboredboredboredboredbored
boredboredboredboredboredboredboredbored

etc.

Anyone doing anything exciting this weekend? I'm going to buy and lay a new floor for the kitchen. And finally put up the light that we bought a month ago so I can get my bedside lamp back.

And watch CSI.

Date: March 21, 2003 04:32PM

I'll be doing a bit of flooring myself, got to finish off the wooden floor in the new house.
Also, I may be drinking beer :)

Date: March 21, 2003 04:40PM

now that sounds like a good plan. Floor, beer.

Or in my case, floor, phone rob to ask how to fit &*&%£ floor, fit kitchen light, fuse house, drink beer.

Date: March 21, 2003 04:43PM

Oh yeah, I forgot I've got to put a light fitting in the hall - entroposcope time?

Date: March 21, 2003 04:44PM

I've got a plan. As you sound like you know vaguely what you're doing, you could come round to mine to help with floor and light, then we'll all drink beer.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: March 21, 2003 04:45PM

my husband's cousin and two of her married friends are coming for a visit to DC this weekend. They're all really fun people, so we should have a good time. I just hate getting the house ready! I need waitstaff! :)

You know, we have people stay here so often that instead of being a 'bed & breakfast', I think we could be called Reed's Funny Farm Bed & Dessert...as we're not morning people and I'm really good at making desserts! Now if I could just charge these squatters and at least break even on the deal! LOL

Date: March 21, 2003 05:05PM

Dave, that sounds like a top plan - especially the drinking beer part :)

Date: March 21, 2003 05:10PM

and we still have lots of beer left from the wedding too. Don't drink much at home, apart from the odd occasion. And when Rob turns up with a cheeky bottle of red.

Hoorah!

19 minutes to go.

Current state of coffee machine: Bust.
Current music: more Tangerine Dream. A 122 minute track of them live in Berlin.

Date: March 21, 2003 05:16PM

0 minutes to go - I'm off - have a good weekend fforumites

Posted by: skiffle (---.range217-44.btcentralplus.com)
Date: March 21, 2003 05:24PM

My weekend will be stuck in rural Norfolk with Aged Parents. At least it's the Malaysian GP this weekend. Let's all pray for a sudden rainstorm halfway through. Should liven things up nicely.
Neat Norfolk/GP connextion. No more Lotus Esprit to be produced. I've touched the white James Bond Lotus; it was at our school fete back in about 1978. Didn't do very well in the Fling-A-Wellie competition though.

Posted by: Magda (---.med.umich.edu)
Date: March 21, 2003 05:31PM

Chocolate:
The darker the better, at least up to a point. The completely unsweetened stuff isn't very edible plain. White chocolate is good, but it's not chocolate.

Weekend plans:

Taking my mum out to dinner tonight for her birthday (to a place where her food will be free).

Packing up the stuff of mine that mom evicted from the utility room when she "organized it to make more space for stuff". Obviously it wasn't my stuff she was making space for.

Buying the last few supplies for the large cake I'm making for a dessert table at a ball (medieval and reniassance dance). Both the elephant and a castle tower are symbols of the local group, so I'm doing a cake shaped like an heraldic elephant with a tower on it's back (much like the Elephant and Castle logo).

--------------
"I've often said that the difference between British and American SF TV series is that the British ones have three-dimensional characters and cardboard spaceships, while the Americans do it the other way around."
--Ross Smith

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 2 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.