New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 30
Re: Intros again?
Posted by: MuseSusan (---.union.edu)
Date: February 12, 2007 04:09PM

Wait…are you named Annie, or are you friends with our other Annie?

Welcome, either way.

Posted by: Chris (63.164.145.---)
Date: February 13, 2007 10:32PM

Sorry; limited Internet access this week. Computer shuffle.

Kaz -- Several million points for observation! But you can't have my cake.
The apostrophes are sometimes backwards because when I visit the Fforde Kingdom while at work, I have to do so via an anonymous proxy site, since the tossers at the company HQ in a different state from mine have decided to restrict access to several fun things (we're on a network). For some reason, using a normal apostrophe when logged on in such a manner results in an added and aesthetically upsetting forward slash once the post is...well, posted, whereas the backwards apostrophe just looks like itself.

Hmph. You can tell I fancy myself a writer by the fact that it takes me four pages to say what others can get across in ten words.

Mooxico -- Hi! Strange to run into another New Mexican (actually a wop-bred NY native myself, but I love it down here) in a worldwide forum. Thanks for the coffee and the order, and I hope you like the book! And stop halfway through! (Honestly, that would be for the best.) We play originally penned melodic hard rock (not kill-people music....I'm a Beatles freak, if that gives you any idea) at the Atomic, Golden West, overrated and snotty Launch Pad, Burt's, El Rey...all the usual dives. What are you doing in Santa Fe?

Posted by: Holly Daze (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: February 14, 2007 04:20PM

Chris Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sorry; limited Internet access this week. Computer
> shuffle.

Think I'd put my teenager on an internet ban too if I caught him having a computer shuffle. Should have made sure the door was locked.

Posted by: DisturbinglyAvidFfordeWorshipper (---.kpunet.net)
Date: February 15, 2007 04:27AM

Eew... / Haha! / Eew....! / Hahaha! / Eew...!! / Hahaha!!!

Can't make up my mind.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2007 05:47AM by DisturbinglyAvidFfordeWorshipper.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.rochd3.qld.optusnet.com.au)
Date: February 16, 2007 08:38AM

Hi everyone!!! I'm Cat, i was told to come over and introduce myself. I now realise that was rude to enter into a word game with out having done so first. For this, I apologise.
I'm from Brissie, I'm an unemployed bum of a student and it was my big sis who got me into reading The Eyre Affair (even with her crazy ramblings of what the book was about while in the back of a speeding ambulance, though in retrospect it was actually a pretty good description).
Anyway, I'm am an obsessed lover of all things ffordeian, though i can imagine everyone else here is. I've been wandering around this message board for the last couple of weeks trying to work out how to register (i'm not very computer literate). so i'm EXTREMELY proud of myself right now!!! (YAY for me!!!)
Cat.

Posted by: MartinB (155.232.128.---)
Date: February 16, 2007 08:50AM

Yay! A cat....

So are you alive or dead? And if dead can I eat your cake that I'm sure is on the way...?

- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

Date: February 16, 2007 08:58AM

Very much alive, or at least i think i am. <checks pulse> Yep, bloods still pumping! and no, you may not have my cake. i'm rather possessive of my food. especially cake. mmmmmmmmm, cake. opps! sorry for the drool, hope no one slips.

Posted by: SkidMarks (---.manc.cable.ntl.com)
Date: February 16, 2007 09:06AM

Sorry scaredy-cat: it was a invitation, not a demand, honestly.

As you are here, once again, let me offer you pie. Savoury to the left, sweet to the right. The cake selection should be along shortly and there is a newly installed choclate fountain at the treehouse, complete with squirrels.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

My computer beat me at chess, but I won at kickboxing

Date: February 16, 2007 09:41AM

No worries!!!
thanks for the pie, as im a greedy guts I'm going to eat them all. Sorry MartinB, there just isn't enough for the both of us.
So over at the tree house, are the squirrels there for dipping in the chocolate or are they just there? cos i gotta tell ya, im a little apprehensive of eating chocolate coated squirrel.

Posted by: sofa (---.wfd105.dsl.pol.co.uk)
Date: February 16, 2007 11:24AM

Welcome, try the squirrel pie then..

Oh my God! He's not Welsh is he?

You're about as punk as Enya!

Posted by: Bonzai Kitten (---.static.dsl.dodo.com.au)
Date: February 16, 2007 01:50PM

Nice to see another feline about the place.
The choc coated squirrels are better when rolled in hazelnuts, I agree.
Although here you take the nuts as you find them.

Posted by: PrinzHilde (---.dip0.t-ipconnect.de)
Date: February 16, 2007 03:08PM

SkidMarks Wrote:
> Savoury to the left, sweet to the right.

Skids, are you shuffling the pies around, or do you turn the pages of this thread? (and how does one do that?) Last time you offered, savoury was to the right and sweet to the left!

Design #3609494995:
It's a newly-discovered breed of fish that keeps your teeth clean, tastes delicious and dissolves in water.
generated with The Prior-Art-O-Matic

Posted by: SkidMarks (---.manc.cable.ntl.com)
Date: February 16, 2007 03:48PM

Claus you are the first to spot it!

I never mention whether it is MY left or YOUR left so how anyone would know is a mystery. I did think about putting an pastry letter on each pie to help. Do you think it would?

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

My computer beat me at chess, but I won at kickboxing

Posted by: nemades (---.dsl.in-addr.zen.co.uk)
Date: February 16, 2007 04:02PM

I have been brifly postin grecently so just catching up, Yay! I am now, Scottish, British, European and an honorary New Mexican!!!! I am so happy!!! Welcome everyone new, this site is fab even if skids likes to mess with your mind, stomache and spacial awareness occasionally! But I have to be extra nice cos I am pretty sure he mentioned cottage AND shepard pie..... yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum finally pies I can fully relate to and love!

Have some chocolate cake!

Posted by: DisturbinglyAvidFfordeWorshipper (---.kpunet.net)
Date: February 17, 2007 04:11AM

You dip ONE squirrel, you go down.

Posted by: MartinB (155.232.128.---)
Date: February 17, 2007 01:35PM

<dips a squirrel>

<slips on drool>

- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

Posted by: splat21 (195.33.121.---)
Date: February 18, 2007 12:43PM

Oooh squirrel dipping!

I knew someone had to be having fun somewhere.

Posted by: Mooxico (---.zianet.com)
Date: February 18, 2007 06:56PM

Chris Wrote:

> Mooxico -- Hi! Strange to run into another New
> Mexican (actually a wop-bred NY native myself, but
> I love it down here) in a worldwide forum. Thanks
> for the coffee and the order, and I hope you like
> the book! And stop halfway through! (Honestly,
> that would be for the best.) We play originally
> penned melodic hard rock (not kill-people
> music....I'm a Beatles freak, if that gives you
> any idea) at the Atomic, Golden West, overrated
> and snotty Launch Pad, Burt's, El Rey...all the
> usual dives. What are you doing in Santa Fe?

Hey Chris,
I always wondered if the Launch Pad was a snotty place. I remember that it was one of the most designerly-looking places when I first saw the outside in '95. Still haven't been in there.
What era of Beatles freak? Any favorite albums?

I teach technology to K-6. In former lives, I was a photographer/editor. I still do those things, only in smaller doses.

The book came in, and it's next in line!

How is ABQ this week? It's muddy in the Fe, thanks to the New Year's snow FINALLY melting.

Posted by: DisturbinglyAvidFfordeWorshipper (---.gci.net)
Date: February 19, 2007 12:11AM

MartinB Wrote:
> *something about DIPPING SQUIRRELS, the evil man*

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*ahem*

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2007 12:13AM by DisturbinglyAvidFfordeWorshipper.

Posted by: Chris (67.15.24.---)
Date: February 19, 2007 06:40PM

Mooxico Wrote:

>What era of Beatles freak? Any favorite albums?
>I teach technology to K-6. In former lives, I was a photographer/editor. I still
>do those things, only in smaller doses.

Holy jumpin` squirrels, you must have the patience of an angel. Or at least a Speak`n`Spell. I`m unconditionally impressed by teachers. I`ve always said that the only truly important jobs are carried out by those who heal, protect or teach. Everything else is relatively superfluous. I was going to be a teacher, but accompanying a friend for one day in order to see what he dealt with, at his insistence, made me quickly realize that I`d never be mean enough.

No favorite albums; I have to admit to liking them all. (Well, except for Side 2 of Help, but since we don`t have sides anymore, it`s hardly an issue.)
Albuquerque`s been beautiful all weekend. Sunny with the smell of rain. My favorite.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 30

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.